Wondering how to create a website like OnlyFans? Well, let’s try to figure it out.
Content subscription websites are gaining popularity rapidly. And OnlyFans is leading the pack with more than 300 million users visiting the site every month.
So, it’s no surprise that you’ve pondered over the secret behind its success and desired to learn how to create a website like OnlyFans.
In this article, we’ve answered all your questions. You’ll get to know how to build a website like OnlyFans and repeat its success.
That said, let’s dive right into the article and learn how to create a website like OnlyFans.
OnlyFans: What is it, and why is it so successful?
The story of OnlyFans started back in 2016 when Tim Stokely borrowed a loan of £10,000 from his father and founded the platform.
Tim made OnlyFans as a subscription-based content on-demand platform that allows content creators to upload pictures and videos and sell them to their subscribers.
Here, the subscribers have to pay a monthly/yearly subscription or via pay-per-view to access the content. The creators receive 80% of the revenue, and the company takes the remaining 20%.
Today, OnlyFans is considered to be the world’s most popular content marketplace, with an annual net revenue reaching $2.5 billion (in 2022) – surpassing the previous year by $1 Billion!
So, what stands behind the success of OnlyFans? Here are a few factors that sum it up:
● The platform creator came up with a really unique idea for creators to connect with their audience.
● Tim made the website an inclusive platform that supports creators with all kinds of differences.
● The company lets creators keep the majority of their earnings from their subscribers.
● They smartly invested their money in promotional campaigns during COVID-19 by including celebrities on their platform.
Now that you understand the backstory of OnlyFans and the reasons behind its success, let’s get into the main topic – how to make a website like OnlyFans.
How to Create a Website like OnlyFans using xFans by Adent.io?
This part of the article covers the important aspects of creating a website like OnlyFans. Let’s review each of them in detail.
1. Conduct Market Research
It is impossible to decide how to build an OnlyFans clone site without understanding the current market situation. The main purpose of conducting market research is to analyze the market of OnlyFans and other similar websites.
As you’re conducting research, try to answer the following questions:
● What do your users and creators like and dislike?
● How do users interact with OnlyFans-like websites? Which features do your users use the most?
● What are the demographics (male-female ratio, age, location, etc.)?
● Where and when will you launch your OnlyFans-like website?
If you can find answers to these questions, it will help you discover who your target audience is. After you identify it, you will get to know how to create a website like OnlyFans that appeals to them.
2. Make a Competitor Analysis
Conducting a competitor analysis on websites like OnlyFans will help you illustrate the vision of your platform. You need to learn from your competitors by evaluating their key strengths, weaknesses, functionality, features and monetization strategy.
During your analysis, try to answer the following questions:
● What is the unique selling proposition (USP) of your competitive websites?
● What do users and content creators love about those websites the most?
● What are the features your competitors offer?
● How do your competitors monetize their websites?
The main reason for this analysis is to understand how your OnlyFans clone can stand out from the competition.
Note: As the competition is getting bigger in this field, we recommend you focus on a specific and profitable niche. It will give you a huge boost when you’re starting anew.
3. Validate Your Website Idea
Creating a website like OnlyFans can be a risky venture, as you’ll never know how your target audience will react to your platform.
But you can reduce this risk by directly asking your audience how to build a website like OnlyFans that they love to use. You can set up polls and Q&A sessions on social media or directly ask them.
When you get the answers, it will be very easy to finalize your USPs and create your own business model canvas.
Typically, your business model canvas should contain 9 blocks, each representing one key aspect of your OnlyFans-like website idea:
● Audience segment
● Main problems your users and creators dealing with
● Your unique value proposition
● The solution you offer
● The advantage of your OnlyFans clone site
● Cost structure
● Revenue streams
● The Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
● Marketing channels
Filling out these blocks gives you a clear idea of how to make a website like OnlyFans that will meet both your customer and business needs.
4. Choose a Domain Name and Web Hosting
Choosing a domain name and web hosting are key steps in creating a website like OnlyFans. A domain name is the address of the website, and web hosting is the place where all the files of your website are securely stationed. Here are some tips that help you select a domain name and web hosting:
Tips for choosing a domain name:
● Stick with .com extension
● Keep your domain name short, easy to spell, unique and brandable.
● Have your niche name in the domain (like adding ‘fans’ at the end).
Tips for choosing a web hosting:
● Figure out what your website needs
● Check the web host’s security, reliability, price, customer service, etc.
● Check the web host’s server location, scalability and speed.
5. Create a Subscription-based Website
Now that you’re confident about your website’s idea, it’s time to build it.
There are two ways to create a website like OnlyFans: build it from scratch or use an OnlyFans clone script like xFans by Adent.io.
The former is costly and time-consuming, but the latter is cost-effective and can be done without knowing anything about coding.
So, we suggest you build your OnlyFans-like website using xFans – the best OnlyFans clone script ever!
xFans was developed using advanced technology stacks. NextJS, ReactJS, and Ant Design were used for the frontend, while the backend utilized NestJS, NodeJS, MongoDB, Redis, FFmpeg, Nginx with http_auth_module, WebSocket, and Socket.IO.
“Okay, but how do I make a website like OnlyFans using xFans?”, we hear you ask. The process is very simple; once you purchase the xFans, you can directly install the script into your dedicated server.
Then, customize your website with your branded logo, font, and color, add payment details via the admin panel, and you’re good to go.
6. Decide on Features
To create a successful OnlyFans clone site, you need to cover both the basic and advanced features of your website. In this section, let’s review some key features that you need to add.
● Admin dashboard: One dashboard that manages users, creators and the platform seamlessly.
● Manage video & gallery: Able to control and manage every post on the platform.
● Revenue commission management: Enabling admin to decide the revenue commission on the platform.
● Analytical tool & report: A comprehensive analytical tool that gives up-to-date insights.
● Subscription management: Able to manage subscription price, tiers & more.
● Media management: Effective video and photo uploading to create posts.
● Geo-Blocking: Enabling creators to block users globally.
● Payouts: Simple and accessible payout options for creators that come with an earning report.
● Advanced search: The options for users who can refine their search by using specific filters and niches.
● Wallet transaction: In-built digital wallet to conduct secure transactions.
● Social feed: A must-have feature that allows users to view all the content in a profile.
● Private chat: Enables users to send private messages to creators.
These are some key features you must have when you start a website like OnlyFans. But you should also adapt to new trends and add more features as you progress in the future.
7. Choose a Monetization Strategy
The ultimate goal of learning how to create a website like OnlyFans is to make money. But for that, you need to draft a well-thought monetization strategy.
To make your work easier, we’ve pulled together some key revenue streams that you can implement on your OnlyFans-like website.
● Creator Subscription: OnlyFans-like websites generate the majority of their revenue via user subscription. Here, the user can access the content by purchasing the subscription.
● Paid Posts: Beyond the normal subscription, the creator can lock certain posts behind the paywall as exclusive content. Users have to pay a one-time payment to access it.
● Private Message: In exchange for a payment, users can send text messages to their favorite creators.
● E-commerce: With your own ecommerce set up, you can enable creators to sell their products and earn commissions from sales.
● Live Streaming: You can broadcast exclusive live streaming for subscribers and make money by setting up an entry paywall.
● Tipping: Fans always love to support their creators. You can capitalize on this by providing a tipping feature on live chats, stories and posts.
There are multiple ways to monetize your OnlyFans clone site and make money from it. Just stay innovative and find new ways to monetize your website.
8. Marketing and Promotion
The marketing strategy for your OnlyFans clone isn’t created in a single day. You should be diligent and work on promotion long before you launch the platform.
There are multiple marketing strategies you can use:
● Paid advertising (Google Ads)
● Search Engine Optimization
● Content marketing
● Social media marketing (Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, Reddit)
● Influencer marketing
● Email marketing
● Submit to online directories
● Participate in conventions and industry events
The main focus of your marketing strategy is to build brand awareness and gather valuable insights from your audience. So ensure to get feedback, as it is the key data you can get and use for further website improvements.
Once you’re done with all the above steps, you can do one last test and launch your OnlyFans-like website online.
How Much Does it Cost To Create a Website like OnlyFans?
The cost to create a website like OnlyFans may differ based on a variety of factors. However, the notable factors are the features added and their complexity.
Based on our experience, building a website like OnlyFans using xFans will only cost you about $1500 – $3000. This process of creating an OnlyFans-like website only takes a few days.
However, if you intend to develop the website from scratch by hiring a tech team, then it will cost about $40,000 and a couple of months’ time.
Create a Website like OnlyFans: Final Thoughts
Now you know the basics of how to create a website like OnlyFans. Note that OnlyFans earned its popularity thanks to its simple and user-friendly interface, good features and amazing monetization strategy – so focus on that.
Have thoughts about building a website like OnlyFans? Or are you interested in learning how xFans works? Share them in the comments; we’re glad to answer any questions.