There are about 1.19 billion websites right now in the world. They reside in servers housed in data centers spread out all over the globe. Servers are specialized computers owned, operated, or leased by hosting services or companies. A server is where the elements of your website—audio, video, documents, files, and other data—are stored and delivered to Internet users when they visit your website.
While there are several free web hosting platforms for personal sites and blogs, the case is different for ecommerce and other businesses that demand high-bandwidth, large storage, fast-loading, modern and responsive websites. Web hosting services take care of these, for a fee.
Providing hosting services for such organizations is a very lucrative business, to the tune of a $58.2 billion revenue in 2020 and a projected revenue of $66.7 billion in 2021. Come 2025, experts predict that the total revenue of web hosting services will reach a whopping $96.3 billion. Leaders in the field include companies like ODM Direct, Dell, and Lenovo.
Types of Hosting
A web server is usually a rented service. You as the company, business, or an individual user pays monthly rental or subscription not only for the use of the server but also of the accompanying software and Internet connection provided by Web hosting services. These service providers generally offer three types of hosting plans:
- Shared hosting. Your website is stored in a server that hosts multiple websites. It’s the budget-friendly ($10 or less a month) option to quickly get your website running. However, your site’s stability may be affected if other websites that you share the server with experience spikes in traffic.
- VPS hosting. Combines best elements of a shared and dedicated server with more features and greater flexibility. The server powers fewer sites and the cost of running it is shared by sites hosted there, making it less expensive than dedicated servers (around $20 to $100/month).
- Dedicated server. If cost is not an issue ($100+/month), you get a server all your own including its full capabilities – CPU, RAM, storage, maximum loading speed, ability to withstand huge traffic, and full control over apps and scripts you’d like to install on your server.
Dedicated server hosting is the way to go for your company website if you can afford it. You may find that the benefits and ROI may likely more than cover your monthly hosting expense. After all, your website is the online public face of your company, business, or brand, regardless if yours is an ecommerce or brick-and-mortar store with a web presence.
Your website is a key contact point and primary channel to engage with customers; it is where you get leads, realize conversions, and close sales. An optimally operating business or ecommerce website is a revenue generator that can significantly improve your bottom line.
So, it is best to get a hosting service that can guarantee an almost perfect uptime with none of the issues indicated by the following chart:
It is paramount that your website gets a solid foothold, and a dedicated server will provide you that—website stability, reliability, flawless operation, and uninterrupted accessibility. All for a price, of course, since you get to harness all the power and resources of a managed server that can support millions of page hits per month, store gigabytes of data, has its own isolated security, can meet head-on the most intensive requirement of web and mobile applications, and ensure fast site loading speed, among other capabilities.
In this article, we’ll go over the best dedicated server hosting reviews that we have. You’ll get an overview of the offerings, features, and benefits of the leading hosting services available out there. This way, you can determine the best ones that come close to, if not perfectly match, your requirements and make it easy for you to decide on your final pick.
The summary reviews of each of the server hosting solutions have links to our FinancesOnline review write-ups if you want to get more details. For dedicated server hosting services, it is important that you get to know not only the price but also understand vital features such as guaranteed uptime, bandwidth, storage capacity/disk space, CPU, RAM, domains/sub-domains, the “unlimited” offerings, freebies (if any), and others. You should know and get what you pay for. It’s wise to check out their free trials and demos first before committing.
1. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting is a highly rated web hosting service provider that boasts of a solid track record. It has been recognized by various publications as the best hosting company and is recipient of an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau, a consumer protection organization that monitors and evaluates that integrity and performance of businesses located in the U.S. and Canada. Based in Los Angeles, CA (where they have a data center, the other one in Washington, DC), the company provides domain and website services, as well as site hosting solutions to various business types. It is noted for its fast and affordable web hosting services, along with reliable after-sales support. Tested several times across 4 different websites since 2005, InMotion Hosting recorded an overall uptime of 99.895%. The company offers single and dual processor dedicated servers that are fully managed and custom installed with LAMP stack.
Price range: $99.99 – $229.99/month available in three plans with varying specs and features. All dedicated servers come with free cPanel and WHM, and free SSL.
What is unique about InMotion Hosting?
- Free SSD. Dedicated servers include free SSD for faster read/write speeds and improved uptime compared with traditional HHD.
- Smart routing technology. 99.99% net uptime is made possible with BGP multi-honing and redundant switching network to ensure highest network speed.
- Rebootless upgrades. KernelCare technology keeps your OS secure and up-to-date without affecting your online presence. It eliminates costly system reboots and maintenance downtime.
- Multiple bandwidth providers. Several bandwidth providers are utilized so that in the event one goes down, a smart routing technology automatically switches to another provider to keep your site always online.
Detailed InMotion Hosting Review
Next on our top 20 dedicated server hosting solutions list, GoDaddy is an American Internet domain registrar and web hosting company founded in 1997. It is considered the largest domain registrar in the world that manages 63 million domains or 21% of the world’s total domains. In 2013 alone, it handled an average 11 billion DNS queries per day. How does it fare when it comes to web hosting? We still get phenomenal figures – it hosts 8.5 million websites from 37,000 servers, making it literally the grand daddy of web hosting. It offers the traditional hosting services such as web hosting, business hosting, and managed WordPress hosting, all at premium prices. Its dedicated server packages come at a steep cost, clearly meant for businesses and corporations with deep pockets (we’re talking 4-digit figures per month). What do you get in return? To borrow the words from the company itself: “Extreme power, flexibility and control” and “world-class support.”
Price range: $3488 – $6488/month (those are discounted prices with 58% to 62% savings) on 4 Linux plans. Prices for Windows plans are higher.
What is unique about GoDaddy?
- The extreme option. If you are the type who goes for extreme power and performance, and the price doesn’t make you twitch, go for GoDaddy.
- Levels of management. You get three levels – self-managed, managed and fully managed. The differences relate to areas like OS, monitoring, patching, root access, installs and updates, backups, migrations, dedicated IPs, and support.
- Feature-filled. All dedicated servers use Intel Xeon processors, cPanel control, disk mirroring, quick provisioning, administrative access, MySQL, and optional site backup.
- The world-class support. 24/7 phone, live chat, email is available, plus a robust community for sharing insights, ideas and experiences. Support should no doubt be world class as 17 million customers of GoDaddy’s various products and services depend on it.
Detailed GoDaddy Hosting Review
3. Liquid Web
Liquid Web is a highly-rated web hosting company that has been in the business for the past 20 years, serving customers in more than 130 countries and managing half a million sites through its five global data centers. Its hosting services cater to professionals, businesses, agencies and corporations, specifically those with mission-critical sites, stores and applications. Liquid Web’s primary focus is on premium VPS plans and dedicated hosting, which come in premium packages. Said packages for dedicated and VPS clients are backed by guarantees – 100% network uptime, 30-minute initial response time, and 30-minute hardware replacement. Moreover, Liquid Web credits clients with ten times the cost of downtime they experienced if guarantees are not met.
Price range: $199 – $569/month in four different packages for single processor dedicated servers, and $399 – $789/month also in four separate plans for dual processor dedicated servers.
What is unique about Liquid Web?
- Dedicated servers for various hosting needs. Single processor dedicated servers are ideal for high traffic sites and apps, database hosting, file server hosting, and reseller hosting, while dual processor dedicated servers are intended for multiple sites, resource intensive apps, large databases, and large scale resellers.
- Four OS choices. There are four available operating systems for dedicated servers – CentOS, Ubunto, CloudLinux and Windows – with up-to-date tools, fine-grained controls and refreshed life cycles.
- Several features included. You get standard DDoS protection, CloudFlare CDN, backup drive, advanced security, cPanel/WHM and Plesk Onyx, IPMI access, root access, dedicated IP address, and business-grade SSD storage.
- Guarantees. 100% network and power uptime SLAs, 24-48 hours dedicated server built and deployment, and crediting back 10X the cost of downtime, among others.
Hostwinds was founded in 2010 with the goal of setting new standards and transforming the hosting industry. Its primary mission is to provide customer satisfaction and support through enterprise-level hosting solutions at budget-friendly prices. Their hosting packages include shared, business, reseller, Linux VPS, and dedicated server. The provider operates two data centers in the U.S. equipped with disaster recovery options. The facilities, which are both SAS Type II audited and Tier 4 certified data centers, are connected to 16 fiber providers and secured by 24/7 security and video surveillance. Dedicated servers are not offered as one-size fits all solutions since users have different requirements. What they provide are custom-building solutions to come up with a dedicated server to match your needs.
Price range: $99 – $364/month base cost with 8 dedicated plans to choose from that you can build on and customize for an additional price on the software and component depending on what you need.
Detailed Hostwinds Review
What is unique about Hostwinds?
- Custom-built solution. Hostwinds can get you online on your own dedicated server for less than a hundred bucks a month. That’s the base price. If you need bigger storage and bandwidth, faster CPU, or more software, you can add them on your initial build or upgrade later.
- Generous discounts. The company offers generous discounts on their dedicated packages. The preceding example of a $99 base price may actually have you end up paying around $80/month with their price saving offers.
- Affordable add-ons. These will cost you extra, but they are priced reasonably such as if you add cloud backup, that goes for an additional $1/month on top of the base monthly cost of your plan. Basic monitoring costs $5/month while more robust security options go for $20 or more monthly.
- Several payment options. You can choose from more than half a dozen payment methods – major credit cards (Visa, MasterCard, American Express), payment gateway (PayPal), and even with bitcoin.
iPage is among the most reliable in our top 20 dedicated server hosting solutions list. It was founded in 1998 and has since hosted over a million websites on its platform including business, personal, social and non-profit sites. It provides tools, processes and expertise for individuals and small businesses to easily and quickly create a professional online presence. iPage has two data centers with 24/7 security and network monitoring, load balanced servers for faster load times, and 24/7 customer support through phone, live chat and online tutorials. Its services include web hosting, VPS hosting and WordPress hosting. Its dedicated server hosting is available in three plans and gives users complete independent control, cloud based flexibility, and managed support. The top of the line service comes with free domain registration, unlimited domains and sub-domains, unlimited MySQL databases, unlimited FTP/sFTP user accounts, and free search engine marketing credits.
Price range: $119.99 – $191.99/month with 2 to 4 core CPU, 4 to 16GB of RAM, 500 to 1000GB disk space, and 5 to 15TB of bandwidth.
What is unique about iPage?
- Complete control. It provides you complete control over your hosting environment such as the ability to install applications without restrictions, the use of cPanel, and optional root access.
- Dedicated resources. You get all the resources you need for higher level of security, speed, and uptime; faster operating speeds for high traffic sites; mirrored storage for advanced data protection; and maximum performance.
- Cloud-based flexibility. It gives you room to grow and scale as demands increase as well as instant provisioning of resources, and seamless migration options.
- Unlimited resources. You can create unlimited domains and sub-domains, customized email accounts with your domain, unlimited MySQL databases, and FTP use accounts for better control.
- Pre-installed scripts. It comes with PHP5/Perl/Python, Ruby On Rails, Server Side Includes (SSI), and JavaServer Pages (JSP), aside from included software like Urchin 5 and Referrer Logs.
Since its inception in 2003, New Jersey-based company AccuWebHosting has offered impeccable hosting services to thousands of users with its advanced technology alongside responsive support, round-the-clock surveillance, and a 99% uptime guarantee. It provides topnotch dedicated server hosting services that are fully configurable and scalable, giving users the flexibility to pay for only the resources that they need. AccuWebHosting is also priced competitively, offering dedicated hosting services starting from $75 per month. Dedicated servers are available in Australia, Canada, France, Germany, India, Netherlands, Poland, Singapore, USA, and UK.
Detailed AccuWebHosting Review
What is unique about AccuWebHosting?
- 99% uptime guarantee. With its robust and round-the-clock monitored network infrastructure, AccuWebHosting is nearly able to achieve a 100% uptime.
- Fully customizable plans. Users can customize their plans based on their specific requirements, which means they only need to pay for what they need.
- 24/7 Support. Its team of experts are available round-the-clock and they are also quite responsive to any customer questions or concerns. This means you don’t need to sit idle and waste precious time whenever you encounter issues with your online operations.
- Self-managed or fully managed. Have the option to pick either self-managed or fully managed based on your specific requirements.
- Free migration and initial setup. The company offers free migration support for the first three hours. Initial setup and configuration is also costless with AccuWebHosting.
Arvixe is a multi-awarded web hosting company established in 2003 and based in san Obispo, CA. It has hosted thousands of personal, small business and enterprise websites on a global level, and has been recognized by leading publications as one of the fastest growing hosting companies in the world. Arvixe anchors its services on a combination of unmatched reliability, quality and affordability. It operates Type II Certified data centers in Chicago, Dallas and New Jersey that offers 99.9% uptime guarantee. The company has hosting services for Web, blogs, CMS, eCommerce, video sharing, forums, social network, and community websites. It’s managed dedicated servers are offered under its DEDICATEDCLASS platform, giving you maximum control of your data and web hosting environment backed by high level performance, reliability, security, and technical support.
Price range: $131.70 – $230.50/month for single processor servers with 4 to 16 GB RAM and 128GB to 1TB storage space. Multi-processor servers go for $360.50/month with 32GB RAM and 512GB to 1TB disk space.
What is unique about Arvixe?
- 100% server management. If you have no knowledge of running a server, Arvixe can handle 24/7/365 full management for your dedicated server. You just choose the server, add an OS and a control panel to your package, and Arvixe takes care of server administration for you.
- Nightly security updates. All managed dedicated servers undergo nightly security updates and monitored for performance during and after these updates by Arvixe’s technical support staff.
- 24/7 dedicated support. Round-the-clock support is available in case you ever need something installed or require an update to software on your server. Support service is available all the time to get things done for you quickly.
- State-of-the-art data center. Its facilities that are monitored and maintained with uninterrupted power supply, top security, redundant power generators, and HVAC systems.
- Choice of software. You can go for Linux or Windows which comes with award-winning cPanel and WebSitePanel controls.
8. 1&1 Web Hosting
1&1 positions itself as a one-stop Internet shop, providing a wide range of products and services from domain registration to Web hosting, email solutions, site creation, high-end servers, and technical support. It is well-known for its affordable hosting packages and domain registration services which start out at $.099/month. 1&1 operates green data centers in the U.S. and Europe and currently manages more than 19 million domain names. Although it has some of the cheapest plans available, it doesn’t compromise on quality and in fact uses the latest high-performance processors from Intel and AMD. Its dedicated servers are built for maximum security and reliability as well as easy system management. There are a dozen dedicated server packages to choose from, including some value offerings at special rates.
Price range: $59.99 – $349.99/month depending on speed, memory size and hard disk space. Discounted rates are regularly offered. Dedicated server packages come with unlimited traffic and unlimited email accounts.
What is unique about 1&1 Web Hosting?
- Plesk ONYX. This leading tool for server administrators allows you to manage and process all of the server’s functions and set up user accounts, domains and email addresses without having to change the interface. It also takes care of updates to keep your server secure and up-to-date.
- Full root access. You get full administrator control of your dedicated server. You can install any program you like, and have full control over your services, number of hits and users.
- Latest generation processors and hard drives. 1&1 uses AMD and Intel hardware components which have undergone maximum load and performance testing.
- Linux/Windows or Managed. You can choose from numerous Linux and Windows options, including CentOS 7, openSUSE, Debian, Windows 2016 and more. You can also opt for Managed Servers which are pre-configured, dedicated web servers that contain all the necessary applications, tools and features.
JustHost was started in 2008 and has offices in the US, the UK and Australia with a data center based in Chicago, IL. The hosting service has many budget-friendly offerings for website, VPS and dedicated hosting. It provides free domain registration, unlimited domains, custom tailored support, cPanel control interface, and 24/7 network monitoring. Its dedicated servers are custom-built with industrial grade components (Intel Xeon processors) and best software to ensure continued peak power and performance. Likewise, it utilizes advanced cloud technology like OpenStack to allow for continuous upgrades and enhancements. JustHost boasts of providing and maintaining a reliable service, so much so that they offer a 30-day money back guarantee if you decide to cancel your account.
Price range: $79.99 – $119.99/month with three dedicated hosting packages to choose from depending on size of RAM, disk space, cache, bandwidth, and number of IPs. All comes with free domain name.
What is unique about JustHost?
- Instant provisioning. Dedicated servers applies technology that is optimized from the ground up allowing you to use your account in seconds instead of hours or days.
- Enhanced caching. You can enjoy high performance through the write-back caching that uses its own RAM.
- One sign on. It takes just one sign on to access the cPanel, server management, and all other featured tools.
- Free script library. An entire library of scripts is offered free. You can automatically install any of the leading scripts such as WordPress, osCommerce, phpBB, Joomla and many more.
Bluehost was founded in Utah in 2003 and since then has powered more than 2 million websites all over the world. In has been in partnership with WordPress for the past 10 years and has optimized its hosting services, such as 1-click WP installation, to accommodate the thousands of users of the popular CMS platform. It offers full in-house services with its own fiber connections, data centers, and custom Linux kernel running on custom-built servers. Bluehost utilizes world class technology such as dual quad core processor servers, UPS power backup, Linux OS, customized Apache web server, round the clock network monitoring, and multiple 10GB Ethernet connections. Its dedicated servers are tuned for ultimate performance, and uses high quality storage with RAID 1 support which means drives are completely mirrored, ensuring data are well protected.
Price range: $79.99 – $119.99 with three dedicated packages that differ in storage, RAM and bandwidth size.
What is unique about Bluehost?
- Open source technology. Servers are custom built by in-house engineers for speed and flexibility, and uses open source technology to provide flexibility in performance upgrade over time.
- Storage upgrades. You can add hosting storage quickly as you need it in real time without requiring admin intervention.
- Multi-server management. If you are in need of more than one hosting service, you can add shared, VPS, or even additional dedicated services to your existing account and manage all of them in one place.
- Optional add-ons. You can enhance your account with security, marketing and email upgrades such as domain privacy, spam protection, sitelock, configuration options, SSL certificates, and SEO tools.
HostGator is a powerful web hosting option made easy and affordable for both small businesses and enterprises requiring cloud, WordPress, shared, VPS or dedicated web hosting services. It was founded in 2002 with headquarters in Houston, Texas and offices in Austin (Texas), Canada, Brazil, Russia, and Mexico. It has since become a multi-awarded and well-recognized web hosting service managing 8 million domains including top companies like Dell, Cisco and AT&T. it rents data center facilities that houses over 12,000 servers, and utilizes 10 different fiber providers. Its dedicated servers are flexible, customizable and configurable. They can be managed or semi-managed solutions that provide maximum performance and are ideal for larger businesses and high-traffic websites.
Price range: $119 – $149/month available in three plans with 4 to 8 core processors, 8 to 32GB RAM, 1 to 2TB HDD, Linux or Windows OS, and unmetered bandwidth.
Detailed HostGator Review
What is unique about HostGator?
- Instant scalability. Server resources can be dynamically adjusted to maintain optimum performance. You can increase the amount of storage to your server quickly with no data migration required.
- High-level security. It uses data center level DDOS protection and an IP-based firewall to keep your server safe and performing optimally.
- Advanced management. cPanel and WHM are provided on all Linux servers for powerful management of both hosting-specific functions and overall server configuration.
- Managed or semi-managed server. You get direct assistance on all technical and configuration matters with managed support, or help for hardware, OS and basic configuration issues for semi-managed server.
12. Genesis Adaptive
Genesis Adaptive is a decade old company providing IT consulting and services as well as custom hosting solutions. It operates six data centers in the US and one in Europe, all which employ 24/7 security and use redundant power and backup generators. The company’s products and services are built around the tenets of agility, scalability and availability. As such, it provides customized solutions, strict controls and standards compliance, transparency in customer dealings, and round the clock support. Genesis Adaptive offers from cloud servers, hybrid cloud, infrastructure collocation, and dedicated server hosting with three plans to choose from. Its dedicated servers are designed for low latency, high throughput, and extreme performance. All dedicated servers feature 100% uptime, adaptive support add-on, remote management, cPanel/WHM, hardware RAID, hybrid capability, and many more.
Price range: $179 – $699/month on three plans with varying specs on CPU, cores, RAM, and storage. All dedicated server plans include 10TB outgoing bandwidth and unlimited incoming bandwidth.
What is unique about Genesis Adaptive?
- Many customizable options. There are many ways to customize your dedicated server and you can choose from 6 operating systems, 7 databases, 3 firewalls, 3 types of network storage, a dozen RAID options, and 5 kinds of hard drive.
- Managed services. You can go for managed services to pair with your dedicated server like advanced firewalls, load balancing, and system administration and monitoring.
- Hardware replacement. The company can undertake same day replacement if hardware malfunction occurs during business hours.
- IPv6 included. All dedicated servers come with standard IPv6 connectivity to future-proof your network.
YesUpHost is a dedicated server hosting service provider founded in 1999 in Toronto, Canada where its 40,000 sq. ft. data center is also located. All the company’s resources and expertise are focused on its core service – dedicated servers – which puts it in a unique position to address this specific requirement of businesses of whatever size. Each of the company’s servers ensures 99.9% up time, minimal latency and high upload/download speeds to match client requirements. There are two primary offerings – special dedicated servers and fully customizable dedicated servers. The former are pre-configured and ready to be deployed while the latter are scalable and allows you to add what you require. Whether you will use it for personal or business, for multimedia or mass storage, file sharing or game hosting, customizable dedicated servers are configurable for your particular needs.
Price range:$55 – $1230/month (special servers), $89 – $999 (customizable servers) with different processors (AMD or Intel), number of cores, hard drive size, allowable bandwidth, and uplink speed.
Detailed YesUpHost Review
What is unique about YesUpHost?
- Specializes in dedicated servers. Since its focus is dedicated hosting, you can expect fast connections, low latency and immediate response time, aside from having full control and access to the core functions of your server.
- Lots of server choices. From special servers to fully customizable ones, you can get the dedicated server of your choice with your preferred component, hardware, software, and operating system.
- State-of-the-art data center. Its Tier 1 certified green data center has 24/3/365 security and monitoring, auto-switching power sources, climate control, and DDoS protection, among others.
- World-class support. The company provides anytime support and response for queries and assistance through phone, live chat and ticket system. You can also manage your billing through your account in their portal.
FatCow was started in 1998 and pioneered the “one plan, one price” approach to help personal and small businesses to establish their online presence. Today, FatCow has grown exponentially yet remains grounded to its mission of providing simple and affordable hosting products that provide real value to individuals, small and mid-sized business. The company provides products and services for website management, domain, email, marketing, and eCommerce and as well as hosting for WordPress, VPS, and dedicated servers. Included in all dedicated plans are free domain registration (plus easy transfer for those with existing domain names), free marketing credits, personalized email, and 24/7 support (phone, live chat, user guides).
Price range: $119.99 – $191.99 offered in three dedicated server plans with varying number of cores and sizes of RAM, storage and bandwidth.
Detailed FatCow Hosting Review
What is unique about FatCow?
- Pricing and predictability. You get scalable resources and payment term options with no overage charges for surpassing limits, giving you predictable monthly costs.
- Cloud-based flexibility. Allows you room to grow and scale as your hosting requirements increase. You also get instant provisioning of resources and seamless migration options when you need it.
- Unlimited features. Dedicated server plans give you the ability to create unlimited domains, sub domains, POP3 accounts, MySQL databases, and FTP accounts.
- Pre-installed scripts. All dedicated servers include scripts like CGI, PHP, Perl, Ruby On Rails, Python, SSI, JSP, Cron, FrontPage, Curl, GD 2, Image Magick, and Streaming Video/Music.
SiteGround was founded in 2003 with offices in the US, Panama, and Bulgaria. It is a web hosting service geared for individuals and small businesses and currently hosts some 350,000 websites from around the world. SiteGround offers Linux-based shared, reseller, cloud, and dedicated web hosting packages and supports e-commerce platforms like Magento, osCommerce, and Prestashop. The company utilizes data centers located in Chicago, Singapore, and Amsterdam, and boasts of reliable and fast servers with guaranteed 99.9% uptime. It employs security measures such as anti-spam software tools, IP address blocklists, and hotlink protection. There are three dedicated hosting plans all of which include commonly used scripts and software for servers.
Price range: $229 – $429/month in three dedicated server plans that comes with 5TB bandwidth, 500GB to 4x500GB HDD, 4GB to 16GB RAM, and varying number of CPU core, threads and size of CPU cache.
Detailed SiteGround Review
What is unique about SiteGround?
- Hardware selection. SiteGround provides an exclusive selection of high performing and stable machines located in their high-tech data center facilities.
- Fully-managed server. The company takes care of setting up your server, keeping its software up-to-date, monitoring your machine 24/7, and addressing any issue.
- 24/7 VIP support. Guaranteed and reliable fast support is provided by real experts on chat, phone and tickets. Servers get reboots upon request and diagnosis in case of failure.
- Various dedicated hosting features. SiteGuard pre-installs and maintains all the software that you need in your server WHM and cPanel, Exim mail server, private DNS server setup, Apache/Nginx and CentOS, MySQL 5 and Postgre SQL, and many others.
Dreamhost is known for inexpensive shared web hosting and domains, but it also provides higher end services for VPS hosting and dedicated servers. The company hosts over 1.5 million websites including WordPress blogs, and applications for developers, designers, and small businesses. It also offers cloud storage, affiliate program with cash rewards for referrals, and a free domain name with each new account. VPS and dedicated hosting are Linux-based and fully managed. The provider guarantees 100% uptime on all its hosting plans and if a fault at DreamHost results in downtime for your website, email, database, webmail, SSH, or FTP, you get a credit of one free day’s hosting for every hour of downtime. The company has three data centers – a new one in Ashburn, Virginia, and two in Los Angeles that are equipped to handle earthquakes and fire, and backed up by three megawatts of UPS.
Price range: $169 – $249/month in three plans that have similar bandwidth, storage and CPU cores but differ in RAM size.
Detailed Dreamhost Review
What is unique about DreamHost?
- Custom-built control panel. DreamHost has its own control panel designed to give you full control over your dedicated server. You can customize the control panel to fit your needs, add or remove servers, reboot or powercycle your server, and have complete management over all the domains, websites, and email addresses you own.
- Unlimited bandwidth. While most hosting services give you generous bandwidth, they still have a monthly cap depending on your plan. All of Dreamhost’s dedicated server plans, and even its VPS and shared plans, provide you full throttle of unlimited bandwidth,
- Solid reputation. Dreamhost is highly rated by industry experts and publications, and has built its reputation as a reliable hosting provider as attested to by the million plus sites that it hosts.
- Real support 24/7/365. The company’s in-house support staff is available to you all the time through live chat, email, and social media.
Hostiso is a web hosting company based in Germany with data centers in the US, Canada, France, Singapore and their base country. It has customers in 150 countries that avail of its hosting products for WordPress, SocialEngine, mooSocial, phpFox, and NextCloud as well as hosting services for shared, reseller, VPS, cloud and dedicated servers. Since its founding in 2007, it has served customers ranging freelancers to Fortune 500 companies across the globe, strengthening its market position both locally and internationally. Its dedicated hosting services are fully managed by certified systems administrators, and use only the latest hardware and software to give you high-class server performance.
Price range: $149 – $799/month in seven dedicated plans with varying speeds, memory, storage, RAID, and bandwidth. All plans come with free domain and SSL, unlimited bandwidth, and OS of your choice.
What is unique about Hostiso?
- Quick set up. Depending on the dedicated server plan that you select, setup can take from 30 to 90 minutes.
- Easy upgrade. If you decide to upgrade from VPS and shared hosting to dedicated hosting at anytime, this can be done by Hostiso without downtime or data loss.
- Custom monitoring system. Hostiso has developed its own internal custom system to monitor and track as well resolve in time any problems that may arise.
- $500 worth of extras. All dedicated, VPS and shared plans come with extras that would amount to 500 bucks. These include the Softaculous auto installer, Let’s Encrypt, cPanel, free domain for life, and free premium support.
ServerHub was first introduced in 2002 by its mother company Eonix in Phoenix, Arizona. In charted impressive growth during that decade and by 2014 was ranked #426 in Inc500. its services include add-ons for software, hardware, and network as well as web hosting, VPS hosting and dedicated servers. ServerHub’s platform spans seven locations across the globe linked by its Enterprise Network. It utilizes the latest Juniper backbone and multiple single 40GB interface connectivity with their datacenter to provide the fastest connections without the need to port channel. Its dedicated servers are enterprise-class rated that can be launched in an hour and features up to 20G network connections and Big Data bandwidth. ServerHub boasts of industry leading resolution times with its reliable around the clock support, and 100% uptime with full redundancy on each network location.
Price range: $129 – $1188 in over 20 dedicated server plans to suit every budget and hosting requirements. All dedicated servers use Intel Xeon processors.
Detailed ServerHub Review
What is unique about ServerHub?
- Rapid server deployment. Except for instances where servers are not in stock or it is a custom order, server deployment normally takes just under an hour.
- IPMI / KVMIP / console. Every server includes IPMI/KVMIP remote console access as a standard. It gives you complete control over your server even when you can’t access it through the operating system.
- Up to 20 Gbps speeds. ServerHub claims to be the first IaaS hosting provider to offer up to 20 Gbps network uplinks on all its Bleeding Edge Bare Metal Servers.
- Remote power reboots. You can soft or hard reboot your server on the fly without the need to contact the company’s support team.
SingleHop is a leading global provider of hosted private clouds and managed hosting with customers in 120 countries and over 40,000 servers under management. Established in 2006 in Chicago, it has been recognized as one of the fastest growing companies in the US, debuting in 2010 at #50 in the list of Inc 500 and #25 the following year. The company operates data centers in Chicago, Phoenix, New York, Danbury and Amsterdam, offering hosting products ranging from managed hosting to infrastructure and private cloud servers. All of their hosting plans can be customized to suit various requirements as well as budget, with an uptime guarantee of 100%. SingleHop’s dedicated servers are on-demand, enterprise-class bare metal machines designed to power mission-critical workloads. The servers include proven platform and performance, network and security features as well as managed services and support.
Price range: $229 – $349/month on three plans with custom pricing for the Enterprise plan. There are differences in speed, RAM and drive capacity.
Detailed SingleHop Review
What is unique about SingleHop
- Custom, on-demand server deployment. Dedicated servers are completely customizable – you can upgrade the hardware, change the software, or even set the level of managed services. Your servers are guaranteed to be secured, online, and ready for use within three hours.
- Enterprise-class hardware. Dedicated servers are built with enterprise-class technologies and hardware from leading providers like Cisco, Intel, Western Digital, Supermicro, Kingston, and more.
- Comprehensive control. With LEAP Infrastructure Control Panel, you get full control of your account, enabling you to design, deploy and manage servers from any device, anywhere.
- Shield managed security. Dedicated servers are protected by Shield, a collection of security solutions and technologies from SingleHop and their enterprise technology partners.
20. G-Core Labs
G-Core Labs provides dedicated server and VPS hosting solutions in many parts of the world, including US, Europe, Asia, Russia, Australia, and more. This provider offers reliable and secure hosting solutions to ensure a delightful browsing experience. More importantly, users can enjoy uninterrupted, blazing-fast speeds without any hosting issues. With G-Core Labs, you have easy access for managing your resources, support for custom configurations, DDoS protection, 24/7 support, instant upgrades, and more. Essentially, G-Core Labs delivers utmost hosting reliability at all times.
Price range: Its Single E3 CPU costs €84/month, while the high bandwidth option costs €1,806/month.
Detailed G-Core Labs Review
What is unique about G-Core Labs?
- Worldwide coverage. The company has data centers in various parts of the world.
- Smooth performance. G-Core Labs provides smooth, fast, and reliable hosting services.
- Resource management. Have access to comprehensive resource management functionalities.