The iconic Hotel del Coronado, a part of Curio Collection by Hilton, has introduced its extremely anticipated vacation program, an annual custom amongst locals and guests alike. This vacation season, The Del will rework right into a winter wonderland Frosted by the Sea with 1000’s of glowing lights adorning the lodge’s signature crimson turrets. The 2022 vacation season additionally heralds the return of The Del’s famed two-story Christmas tree in the lodge’s restored foyer, plus a brand new 22-foot ocean-themed tree at Southpointe Lawn. The spectacular oceanfront ice rink at Skating by the Sea® may also return from Nov. 17 to Jan. 1, with a portion of proceeds as soon as once more benefitting Make-A-Wish® San Diego. The vacation season at The Del will likely be full with lavish vacation eating experiences, photographs with Santa, vacation films, and extra.
The following actions, meals and beverage choices, celebratory occasions and packages will likely be obtainable all through the 2022 vacation season:
- Seaside Holiday Package (Nov. 17-Jan. 1, 2023) – Enjoy the vacation season “Frosted by the Sea” as the Hotel del Coronado dons its most festive trappings of the 12 months this season. The Seaside Holiday Package features a $150 each day resort credit score with every resort room reserving (or a $200 each day resort credit score for company staying at Shore House or Beach Village). The each day credit score can be utilized towards eating or actions, together with one in every of The Del’s holiday-themed occasions (excluding Skating by the Sea).
- Skating by the Sea (Nov. 17-Jan. 1, 2023) – Kicking off the week earlier than Thanksgiving, California’s most recognizable and scenic ice rink opens, welcoming skaters of all ages to take to the ice with an incomparable backdrop of gorgeous Pacific Ocean and The Del’s iconic crimson turret, on the lodge’s Windsor Lawn. A portion of the Skating by the Sea proceeds will as soon as once more profit Make-A-Wish® San Diego. Tickets are $40 per individual for normal admission and $35 per individual for lodge company and members; every Skating by the Sea session is 90 minutes.
- Frostbite – A Place to Chill (Nov. 17-Jan. 1, 2023) – Frostbite gives the finest seat in the home. Cozy hearth pits and luxurious lounges trim the ice rink on an elevated platform the place company can calm down with spectacular skating and sundown views whereas sipping vacation drinks and nibbling gourmand bites. Guests are certain to take pleasure in the festive rink-side spectacle of lights, laughter and vacation enjoyable. Each particular person lounge space will seat as much as six individuals and might be reserved for 90 minutes with a required meals and beverage minimal per individual.
- NEW Beachside Igloos (Nov. 17-Jan. 1, 2023) – Guests and locals can take pleasure in a singular Beachside Igloo that includes a comfortable front room that comfortably accommodates as much as six company. The expertise additionally features a roaring hearth pit, components for premium s’mores, and a devoted server able to ship holiday-themed libations and snacks, plus two Hotel del Coronado blankets. Each personal Beachside Igloo is $400 and might be reserved for 2 hours.
- “At First Light” Lightshow Spectacular (Nov. 17-Jan. 1, 2023) – Enhanced for 2022, the grove of towering Norfolk Island Pines on the Founders Lawn units the scene for an much more dynamic gentle present orchestrated to music. Showcased is the Norfolk Pine initially made well-known in 1904 as the world’s first electrically lit out of doors Christmas tree. The complimentary 11-minute present will happen each half-hour from 5-9 p.m. nightly, and is an excellent and ethereal expertise that may captivate company with a finale of snow flurries.
- Thanksgiving Dinner (Nov. 24) – Give thanks and rejoice with household and buddies at an beautiful Thanksgiving dinner set in the stunning new Southpointe Ballroom, positioned on the south finish of the resort. This will likely be the first alternative for company to see this grand new house, which is now the lodge’s largest occasion venue. The elegant buffet will likely be a lavish feast with all of the trimmings, and dwell musical leisure. Early hen pricing (Before Nov 15) is $205 for adults, $100 for kids 4-10, plus tax and costs. Children 3 and underneath are complimentary.
- Holiday Movies on the Beach (Select Dates, Oct. 30- Dec. 31) – Snuggle up at this theater underneath the stars with a collection of vacation household classics together with “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation,” “Home Alone” and extra. Guests can improve their expertise to incorporate a non-public bonfire with s’mores and plush daybed. Reservations are required. Prices vary $25 – $350.
- Holiday Festival (Dec. 7) – Join The Del for its annual neighborhood Holiday Festival. Festivities embody Skating by the Sea®, photographs with St. Nick, and performances by Coronado college kids. This 12 months may also embody a particular “skydiving Santa” parachuting in to affix the festivities –and a fireworks show- a high-flying begin to the vacation season.
- Jingle Roast (Dec. 17-24) – Private roasts at The Del are a longstanding custom, however come December, the roast expertise will get a sprinkle of vacation magic as company are given their very own Santa hat to snuggle round the hearth and roast holiday-themed s’mores. Reservations are required, with one pit accommodating as much as 10 company. Pricing is $230 for the one hour expertise.
- Photos with Santa (Select Dates, Dec. 9-24) – Guests of all ages can seize a traditional picture with Old St. Nick and obtain a professionally printed picture. Pricing is $30 per picture.
- Elf Deliveries (Select Dates, Dec. 9-24) – To get kids in the vacation spirit, Santa’s elves ship personalised themed baggage to visitor rooms* full of festive goodies, a stuffed animal and a guide signed by Santa. Pricing is $75 per little one. * Available to in a single day lodge company solely.
- Gingerbread Houses (Select Dates, Dec. 17-24) – Decorate festive Gingerbread Houses in the gorgeous Coronet Room. A sweet bar stuffed with festive decorations and vacation treats makes for the good sugary equipment to assemble the gingerbread home of any little one’s wildest goals. Pricing is $65 per gingerbread home.
- Christmas Eve Dinner (Dec. 24) – Celebrate Christmas Eve in the spectacular Crown and Coronet Room with a lavish festive unfold, stuffed with conventional favorites and culinary delights. With Skating by the Sea®, Frostbite and photographs with Santa to match, Christmas Eve at The Del is the final vacation spot to get in the vacation spirit. Pricing is $185 for adults, $100 for kids, complimentary for kids 3 and underneath.
- Christmas Day Dinner (Dec. 25): Merry Christmas, from the Hotel del Coronado household to yours. The Del welcomes company to feast with family members in the spectacular Crown Room and Coronet Room, the place a festive unfold stuffed with conventional favorites and candy treats awaits. Pricing is $185 for adults, $100 for kids, complimentary for kids 3 and underneath.
All vacation occasions are by reservation solely and have to be pay as you go to substantiate. Pricing doesn’t embody further tax, service fees or gratuity. Please go to hoteldel.com or name 619-522-8100 to guide.
All photographs courtesy of Hotel del Coronado