In response to “Why would anyone oppose returning Trump to office?” (Reading Eagle, Sept. 8), he did the following:
• Attempted a coup to stay in power.
• Absconded with classified documents, lied about it and refused to give them back when the feds asked nicely.
• Tried to blackmail Ukraine into manufacturing dirt for his 2020 campaign.
• Contemplated withdrawing the U.S. from NATO.
• Separated migrant parents from their children, locked the kids up and failed to reunite he families.
• Touted injecting disinfectant, ultraviolet light exposure, hydroxychloroquine and ivermectin as COVID-19 cures.
• Discouraged people from wearing masks to cut down the spread of COVID-19, even though masks work.
• Discouraged COVID-19 testing.
• Built an incomplete border wall that doesn’t work, wasn’t needed and wasn’t paid for by Mexico.
• Repeatedly embraced racism.
• Lied all the time. (And still does.)
• Embraced and amplified QAnon conspiracy theories.
• Got impeached twice.
• Passed huge tax cuts for the wealthy and massively grew the national debt.
• Called American military members who died in the line of duty “losers” and “suckers.”
• Was accused of sexual misconduct by more than two dozen women.
• Dismissed any bad news about himself as “fake.”
• Lied about voluntarily turning over his tax returns.
• Described white supremacists in Charlottesville, Va., as “very fine people.”
• Used private communication services extensively after arguing that Hillary Clinton should be jailed for having a private email server.
• Went to Puerto Rico and threw paper towels at people desperate for hurricane aid.
• Four indictments with 91 felony charges.
I could go on, but there’s a word limit.