The task I am trying to accomplish is creating a gaming server to handle 10 game sessions simultaneously. Currently, my requirements are as followed:
- The computers are located in one room so distance shouldn’t be a problem
- I would like to minimize user input latency
- The software works for Windows 10 or 11
- I have concerns about using Virtual Machines because anti-cheat like BattleEye seem to have issues in VMs.
Some software I have already looked into:
- Windows MultiPoint -> This looked promising but many of the example I see are several years old so I was concerned it had fallen out of favor.
- Remote Desktop Protocol -> From my understanding you need a client PC to handle the local connection
- Virtual Network Computing -> This seems promising because from my understanding I can standardize the desktop environment
- Thin Client -> This was my original idea but I had concerns about input lag
What would the community suggest I use for this kind of situation?