While Discord is already among the finest locations to chat on-line, Discord music bots make it much more satisfying. Sure, you could possibly simply keep on with a primary server, however why not add your favourite tunes? You can simply play music from quite a lot of sources like Spotify, YouTube, and Soundcloud. Here we present you 9 Discord music bots you may add to your server to spice issues up a bit.
Tip: Your Discord stream is lagging in Windows? We aid you repair it.
Before Using Discord Music Bots
In 2021, Google pressured each Groovy and Rythm, the 2 hottest music bots on the time, to shut down after violating YouTube’s phrases. Since pulling in music from numerous providers could violate phrases, be ready for music bots to randomly lose entry to sure sources or be shut down utterly.
This is very true with any bots that entry YouTube. Google doesn’t like dropping YouTube views to bots. It’s finest to give attention to music bots that help greater than YouTube, simply so that you simply’re not left in silence ought to Google ask the service to drop YouTube.
Note: only some choices on this checklist nonetheless have help from YouTube.
1. Hydra – Best for Song Requests
Price: Free / $2 month-to-month (for person) /$4 month-to-month (for server)
Hydra could simply be among the finest Discord music bots for accepting track requests. If you’ve ever dealt together with your major channel being bombarded with track requests, you know the way annoying this may be. Instead, Hydra creates a separate track request channel to maintain issues cleaner. It’s surprisingly user-friendly, even with quite a few customizations. What’s very nice is how effectively instructions are organized by function to assist customers higher study to management it.
- Lots of customizations
- Includes Reaction Roles for interactive messages
- Available in over 20 languages
- Supports a variety of music platforms
- Easy to entry command checklist primarily based on function (everybody, DJ, admin, and premium-only)
- 24/7 playback requires premium account
- Free model limits the variety of playlists
- No auto-play in free model
- No YouTube help
2. ProfessionalBot – Best Multi-Purpose Music Bot
Price: Free / begins at $2.50 per 30 days
Why set up quite a few bots when one will deal with the whole lot? With ProBot, you get a number of helpful bots all rolled into one. This is what makes this bot stand out. If you’ve ever tried managing and configuring a number of bots, you know the way irritating it may be. Since that is an all-in-one, you already know everybody’s going to play good with one another. It generally is a little tougher to arrange at first, however most customers will likely be totally pleased with the free model.
- Creates welcome messages
- Autoresponder operate
- Protects towards raids
- Can configure a brand new leveling system
- Reaction roles
- Supports Vimeo, Bandcamp, and Soundcloud
- 24/7 music
- More troublesome configuration
- May be greater than some customers want
- Music quantity management is restricted to premium model
Good to know: Let others know should you’re accessible for a recreation or busy doing one thing else by changing your status on Discord.
3. Jockie Music – Best For Simultaneous Uses
Price: Free / begins at $2 month-to-month
Sure, you could possibly add a number of Discord music bots to guarantee customers don’t have to wait to play music. Or, you could possibly use Jockie Music. It’s 4 music bots (or extra) in a single. If one is in use, the remaining ones step up to ship music to different customers. If your server has numerous customers making an attempt to play music directly, this may very well be the proper resolution. Commands are straightforward to discover and bear in mind and most of what you want is within the free model.
- Includes 4-10 bots directly (5+ solely accessible in premium plans)
- Supports Soundcloud, Spotify, Vimeo, Bandcamp, Tidal, Deezer, and extra
- Plays over 20,000 radio stations from all over the world
- Includes a Guess the Song recreation (30 second clips for customers to guess the track)
- Audio filters and statistics are solely accessible in premium variations
- Some audio controls are premium-only plans
- Busier servers will seemingly want a premium plan for the additional bots
4. Fredboat – Best Simple Music Bot
Don’t need to take care of numerous settings and instructions you don’t want? Then you must get Fredboat. When it comes to simplicity, this music bot is ideal. This actually is the most effective a part of the bot. It doesn’t complicate issues with many options you’ll in all probability by no means use. The controls are simple and might be accessed anytime by typing “;;instructions” to see the complete checklist.
- Support for Deezer, Vimeo, Bandcamp, Soundcloud, and Twitch
- Enjoy an included recreation room, which options music video games and different video games
- New options added usually
- Offers enjoyable instructions, reminiscent of posting random otter pictures or an indignant desk flip
- Everything’s free
- No superior settings
- No premium model to get extras
5. Chip Bot – Best Music Player Controls
Price: Free / $12.50 per 30 days
Having to at all times use text-based instructions to management your music isn’t almost as enjoyable because it sounds. With Chip Bot, you get high-quality music together with buttons to press to pause, play, cease, and think about the present playlist. For many customers, that is preferable to the everyday interface most music bots use. Surprisingly, many controls which are normally reserved for premium customers can be found within the free model. Odds are, you received’t really feel the necessity to improve normally.
- Includes primary and superior controls, reminiscent of bass, treble, and tremolo
- You can invite up to 4 Chip Bots to your server for simultaneous listening
- Button controls as well as to textual content instructions
- Support for Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Twitch, Vimeo, and Mixer
- Hundreds of dwell radio stations accessible
- No help for Spotify
- 24/7 mode, audio filters, and additional settings are solely accessible in Premium
- Server Premium is larger priced than comparable bots
6. 24/7 – Best for Internet Radio
Price: Free / $2.50 per 30 days
24/7 is without doubt one of the best to use Discord music bots for listening to Internet radio. It’ll help quite a few stations from all over the world, together with streaming music providers. The free model is pretty restricted. You can seek for issues and play them. That’s about it. Plus, you get 24/7 music, which is normally a Premium-only function. Overall, it’s simple, making it excellent for any server.
- Offers entry to Internet radio stations
- Support for Spotify, Tidal, and Soundcloud
- Simple search and play controls
- Most options are Premium solely, together with playlists, audio controls, queues, and simultaneous listening
- Premium solely consists of two bots
- Mainly for Internet radio
Tip: Not certain whether or not you must opt for Spotify or Apple Music? Check out our in-depth comparability of the 2 providers.
7. ChillBot – Best for Lofi
Price: Free / begins at $3 per 30 days
If you’ve a extra mellow Discord server, then add some lofi tunes. ChillBot provides you 24/7 lofi radio. All you’ve to do is soar right into a voice channel and sort /play. Since this bot doesn’t seek for totally different songs/artists, you simply get nice lofi enjoying instantly. It’s not for each server, but it surely works effectively for background tunes that don’t distract from regardless of the person is doing. Any form of examine, focus, and even gaming server would possibly love this music bot.
- Devoted to lofi solely
- Simple controls
- Only a single radio station included in free model
- Must improve for additional stations, genres, and audio controls
- No help for something aside from lofi, together with streaming providers
Note: If ChillBot isn’t precisely what you’re on the lookout for, give Lofi Radio a attempt. It works equally however doesn’t have a premium tier.
8. Zandercraft Bot – Best for Entertainment
Music is only one of many types of leisure. With Zandercraft Bot, you get to get pleasure from music, GIFs, comics, random memes, random information, and even fancy insults. In phrases of music, Zandercraft nonetheless pulls some music from YouTube, although this might disappear at any time. The bot’s different supply is Soundcloud. Overall, it’s okay for music, however finest for different leisure options.
- Plays music, shares memes, information, and way more
- Everything’s free
- Volume management is included
- Features some moderation options
- Only one stable music supply (Soundcloud)
- YouTube help will seemingly be eliminated in some unspecified time in the future
9. Aqua Music – Best Free Features
Price: Free / begins at $3 per 30 days
Aqua Music can also be one of many uncommon music bots nonetheless sourcing from YouTube, although it makes use of YouTube Music as a substitute of YouTube. What’s most spectacular is nearly the whole lot is totally free on one situation – you vote for them. It’s not that huge of an ask, however in fact, solely vote should you just like the bot. Overall, it’s straightforward to use and does excess of you’d count on with out having to pay a single cent.
- Support for YouTube Music, Spotify, and Soundcloud
- Easy-to-use audio controls, together with superior controls
- Includes 24/7 music, autoplay, playlists, and extra
- Focused solely on music
- Some filters are solely accessible in Premium plans
- Cooldown interval is required on instructions within the free model
Tip: Heard a track someplace and need to know what it’s? Here are a collection of strategies to help you identify a tune.
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I add music bots to Discord?
For most Discord music bots, you merely invite the bot to your server. You can do that instantly from the bot’s web site. You also can use this handy guide to step you thru the method.
Can I set up music bots with out my very own Discord server?
You’ll want your personal server or be an admin with permission to add bots so as to add music bots to the server. Otherwise, you’ll want to be part of a Discord server that already makes use of a music bot. Use this information to find Discord servers. Not certain the place to begin? Try these interesting Discord servers.
Should I improve the music bot to Premium plan?
All the music bots above work high quality with out upgrading to a Premium plan. However, you may get additional controls and options by upgrading. Usually, you’d solely want premium on bigger and extra energetic servers, reminiscent of including further bots for simultaneous enjoying.
Are music bots protected?
They’re simply as protected as another common Discord bots. Ideally, keep on with respected bots with good opinions. If your bot begins sending you messages with random hyperlinks, take away it instantly because it’s a phishing rip-off.
Image credit score: Eric Nopanen through Unsplash All screenshots by Crystal Crowder.
Subscribe to our e-newsletter!
Our newest tutorials delivered straight to your inbox