Join The Food Institute and OFW Law (Olsson Frank Weeda Terman Matz, PC) for a three-part digital seminar on among the high authorized and regulatory points going through meals and beverage firms in 2023.
Session One – FDA’s plans for “wholesome” claims and Front-of-Pack diet score symbols
Session Two – “Carbon Neutral” and associated carbon footprint claims – new threats and alternatives
Session Three – Class motion litigation – latest developments on class motion instances difficult meals labeling claims
Session 1 – “Healthy” Claims and Front of Pack Nutrition Symbols
Tuesday, January tenth | 1PM – 2:30PM (EST)
FDA is transferring full pace forward on redefining the factors for the nutrient content material declare “wholesome.” The company can be creating a FDA-approved image that may voluntarily be used on meals assembly the company’s latest standards for the declare and exploring the usage of Front-of-Pack diet score warnings.
This session will analyze:
- How the company’s standards for complete fats, added sugars, and ldl cholesterol content material could change for “wholesome” meals
- Which meals could lose the fitting to make “wholesome” claims and which meals could acquire a brand new proper to be labeled as “wholesome”
- What will the FDA’s “wholesome” image appear like and the way will it be capable to be utilized in advertising
- How will the FDA’s plans for Front-of-Pack diet score symbols work together with the company’s plans for “wholesome” claims
Be prepared and plan forward with the perception offered by this in depth take a look at FDA developments on this key meals labeling concern.
Session 2 – Carbon Labeling Claims for The Food and Restaurant Industries – The Outlook for 2023
Wednesday, January eleventh | 1PM – 2PM (EST)
Climate change is assuming a higher position in shopper buying choices and firms are being attentive to rising shopper consciousness of the meals trade’s carbon footprint.
Companies are recognizing that they’ll acquire a definite benefit within the market by addressing local weather issues and by offering carbon scores on processed meals and menu objects.
This session will take an in depth take a look at how meals producers and repair suppliers are continuing with carbon labeling initiatives. The webinar may even present a step-by-step information on how one can plan for, and responsibly implement, a carbon footprint score system and study:
- The origins of carbon footprint labeling for meals
- Which firms are offering carbon labeling
- Factors to think about when offering carbon footprint rankings
- Choosing a third-party accreditation and certification program
- The authorized framework for carbon score disclosures
- The position of the USDA, FDA, and Federal Trade Commission
- Best practices and protected harbors for offering carbon footprint scores
Session 3 – Avoiding the Class Action Trap: Class Action Lawsuits and Case Studies
Thursday, January twelfth | 1PM – 2PM (EST)
More class motion instances difficult meals labeling claims have been introduced in 2022 than ever earlier than. The class motion case has turn into the first means for imposing the prohibition towards “false or deceptive” label claims.
This session will:
- Review the most recent court docket choices on pure, healthful, artisan, handcrafted, made with actual fruit, vanilla flavored, “veggie,” sustainable, honest commerce, GMO Free, Non-GMO, plant-based, and different claims not particularly ruled by formal FDA or USDA laws
- Examine classes discovered from actual case research
- Weigh the prices of defending label claims and learn to keep away from the category motion lure
Principal, OFW Law
Bruce Silverglade’s apply contains decision of aggressive disputes involving meals labeling and promoting claims, proactive responses to FDA regulatory proposals, administration of sophistication motion lawsuits, FDA and FTC enforcement actions difficult meals labeling and promoting claims, and compliance with meals labeling laws.
Bruce has in depth expertise with such points on each the nationwide and worldwide ranges working with high officers at FDA, FTC, USDA, the Canadian authorities, the Japanese authorities, the European Commission, and worldwide businesses together with the Codex Alimentarius Commission and the World Health Organization. He speaks and lectures extensively on such points and is usually quoted within the media as a acknowledged skilled within the subject.
- Full 3-Day Pricing: $799
- FI Member: $599 (Sessions 1 – 3)
- Early Bird: $599 (Special pricing ends 12/12/22)
- Group Pricing: Group pricing for the 3-day occasion is obtainable per individual for teams of two+ attendees.
Purchase Individual Sessions
- “Healthy” Claims and Front of Pack Nutrition Symbols (Session 1): $349
- Carbon Labeling Claims for The Food and Restaurant Industries – The Outlook for 2023 (Session 2): $249
- Avoiding the Class Action Trap: Class Action Lawsuits and Case Studies (Session 3): $249
Email [email protected] for FI member and group inquiries.
Who Should Attend:
• Food and Beverage Industry Professionals
• Food Manufacturers
• Retail Executives
• Regulatory Affairs Professionals
• Quality Assurance VPS
• Foodservice Operators
• Eco Business Consultants
Why you Should Attend:
• Best-In-Class Instruction – Training from one of many high meals labeling consultants within the nation.
• Online entry – This yr’s labeling occasion will once more be held nearly, making it simpler than ever to attend.
• Replay on-demand – You can have the choice to attend stay or on-demand.