Iron Gate has launched a model new replace for Valheim that adds crossplay help. This mainly implies that when the sport comes out on consoles, PC players will have the ability to play with them. Furthermore, Linux and Windows gamers can now play collectively.
The sport’s September twenty seventh Update additionally packs minor network optimization for in-game internet hosting. As such, it is going to be much less demanding for the host when different gamers are within the sport on the similar time.
Speaking of Valheim, we additionally recommend attempting the next mods. There is a mod that adds The Witcher 3’s Geralt, Ciri, Triss & Yennefer to the sport. Moreover, there are mods that overhaul magic, scale back grinding, take away boss therapeutic and permit you to auto-pick gadgets. There are additionally mods that add bears, lockable doors, airships, and runestones. Let’s additionally not neglect this mod that adds a Hardcore Server Mode. And lastly, right here is an HD Texture Pack that you would be able to obtain.
As all the time, Steam will obtain this patch the following time you launch its shopper. Below you can even discover its full changelog.
Valheim September twenty seventh Update Release Notes
- Added Crossplay help
- ‘Manage saves’ GUI added in order that it’s simpler for gamers to revive/take away saves & backups
- Minor network optimization for in-game internet hosting (Less demanding for the host when different gamers are within the sport on the similar time)
- ‘Join Game’ tab has been up to date. Players can now add favorite servers, and see if a server is working, and in the event that they help crossplay or not.
- Players can now use the parameter ‘-crossplay’ whereas working Dedicated servers to help crossplay. When utilizing this parameter, the backend might be working Playfab as a substitute of Steamworks. (A ‘Join code’ will seem whenever you be part of a Dedicated server supporting crossplay. Players can use this code to affix the server. This Join code is regenerated each time the server is restarted.)
- A brand new department, “default_old”, has been added, the place you’ll be able to play on the earlier Steam model of the sport in case your server hasn’t been up to date but (Steam may want a restart for the department to indicate up)