Starbucks is completely closing 16 places across the US by the tip of July, The Wall Street Journal first reported.
“After cautious consideration, we’re closing some shops in places which have skilled a excessive quantity of difficult incidents that make it unsafe to proceed to function, to open new places with safer circumstances,” a Starbucks spokesperson advised Insider. The incidents contain drug use in shops by prospects and different members of the general public reported by staff.
The closures are a transfer to make Starbucks places safer for patrons and workers, the corporate mentioned, echoing a letter from senior VPs of US operations Debbie Stroud and Denise Nelson despatched to workers on July 11. The firm additionally provides native leaders the authority to shut loos, scale back seating, and take different measures to maintain circumstances secure for workers.
“We stay up for persevering with to serve these native communities and encourage our prospects to go to us at our different shops in these areas, which will be discovered on the Starbucks App or Starbucks Store Locator,” the spokesperson mentioned.
See the complete record of retailer closures right here:
- Santa Monica & Westmount, West Hollywood, California
- Hollywood & Western, Los Angeles, California
- 1st & Los Angeles (Doubletree), Los Angeles, California
- Hollywood & Vine, Hollywood, California
- Ocean Front Walk & Moss, Santa Monica, California
- 2nd & San Pedro, Los Angeles, California
- tenth & Chestnut, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 4th & Morrison, Portland, Oregon
- Gateway, Portland, Oregon
- twenty third & Jackson, Seattle, Washington
- Roosevelt Square, Seattle, Washington
- E. Olive Way, Seattle, Washington
- 505 Union Stn, Seattle, Washington
- Westlake Center, Seattle, Washington
- Hwy 99 & Airport Rd, Everett, Washington
- Union Station Train Concourse, Washington, DC
Do you could have a narrative to share a few retail or restaurant chain? Email this reporter at [email protected].