Funding will assist the Vancouver Pride Society to broaden its programming through the Vancouver Pride Festival and past
VANCOUVER, BC, July 31, 2022 /CNW/ – COVID-19 had a major affect on Canadian tourism as journey restrictions, each domestically and internationally, decreased visits to sights throughout the nation. The Government of Canada created the Tourism Relief Fund (TRF) to assist tourism companies and organizations, just like the Vancouver Pride Society, to speculate in their future development whereas safely welcoming guests as soon as once more.
Today, the Honourable Harjit S. Sajjan, Minister of International Development and Minister chargeable for the Pacific Economic Development Agency of Canada (PacifiCan), introduced $450,000 in funding to the Vancouver Pride Society (VPS) to broaden its programming by including extra events through the Vancouver Pride Festival in the summer time in addition to new events in the autumn and winter seasons.
For over forty years, the Vancouver Pride Society (VPS) has produced events that had been essential to advocating for and celebrating the 2SLGBTQAI+ neighborhood in the Lower Mainland. In 2022, the VPS’ signature programming returned to in-person, community-focused events that draw an estimated 400,000 spectators to downtown Vancouver.
Federal funding will assist the VPS supply new programming that may enhance the native economic system and strengthen the neighborhood by attracting over 15,000 extra 2SLGBTQAI+ guests and allies from throughout Canada and all over the world.
The Government of Canada continues to ship on its plan for a sturdy financial restoration, together with supporting tourism companies and neighborhood areas as they resume their actions safely. In British Columbia, the TRF is being delivered by PacifiCan, the Government of Canada’s new regional improvement company devoted to strengthening British Columbia’s economic system.
“The Vancouver Pride Festival is a marquee celebration in Vancouver that ensures 2SLGBTQAI+ Canadians and allies have accessible and inclusive alternatives to come back collectively and have fun our range. The Tourism Relief Fund will assist the Vancouver Pride Society safely ship expanded programming, whereas enhancing Vancouver’s fame as a premier vacation spot for the 2SLGBTQAI+ neighborhood in Canada and overseas.”
– The Honourable Harjit S. Sajjan, Minister of International Development and Minister chargeable for the Pacific Economic Development Agency of Canada
“Pride festivals throughout Canada are vital locations for the LGBTQ2 neighborhood and allies to come back collectively to have fun and advocate. Vancouver is understood worldwide as a welcoming and inclusive tourism vacation spot, and our authorities will proceed to assist Vancouver Pride Society to construct a extra equitable Canada.”
– Marci Ien, Minister for Women, Gender Equality, and Youth
“Vancouver Pride is worked up to make use of these funds to reinforce our programming that celebrates and uplifts the 2SLGBTQAI+ neighborhood by means of an intersectional lens. These funds will enable us to raised welcome guests from round our lovely province, nation and the world to hitch us in having fun with and experiencing a large and wealthy vary of queer programming. We are very grateful to the parents on the Pacific Economic Development Agency of Canada for this large alternative.”
– Lee Keple, Interim Executive Director, Vancouver Pride Society
“Our Government has at all times been supportive of LGBTQ+ communities. So I’m happy to be half of this announcement to present Vancouver Pride 400k in order that they will do outreach and extra spring and yr spherical events. Happy Pride!”
– The Honourable Hedy Fry, Member of Parliament, Vancouver Centre
“The Canadian tourism sector continues to be one of probably the most affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. We are totally dedicated to supporting companies and organizations by means of these difficult occasions, protecting security as the highest precedence whereas making certain they get assist to shortly get better, innovate their services and products, and thrive. The Tourism Relief Fund will assist companies and organizations adapt, make enhancements, and be able to welcome again visitors. It additionally feeds right into a broader technique to assist the sector survive the pandemic, get better and develop. The Canadian economic system won’t totally get better till our tourism sector recovers.”
– The Honourable Randy Boissonnault, Minister of Tourism and Member of Parliament for Edmonton Centre
- The TRF will assist place Canada as a vacation spot of selection as home and worldwide journey rebounds by:
- empowering tourism companies to create new or improve present tourism experiences and merchandise to draw extra native and home guests
- serving to the sector reposition itself to welcome worldwide guests, by offering the perfect Canadian tourism experiences we’ve got to supply the world
- Eligible candidates embody tourism entities that cater primarily to guests, equivalent to:
- not-for-profit organizations, equivalent to tourism associations
- band councils or different Indigenous organizations and cooperatives.
- PacifiCan is the regional improvement company devoted to British Columbia. PacifiCan promotes development and diversification in British Columbia’s economic system by enhancing innovation, bettering enterprise competitiveness, and selling inclusive development.
Follow PacifiCan on Twitter and LinkedIn
SOURCE Pacific Economic Development Canada
For additional info: Haley Hodgson, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Economic Development, [email protected]; Ben Letts A/Communications Manager, Pacific Economic Development Canada, [email protected]; Toll-Free Number: 1-888-338-9378, TTY (telecommunications system for the listening to impaired): 1-877-303-338