Pittsburgh-based Allegheny Health Network on Feb. 16 transformed its former Bellevue, Pa., hospital campus into a brand new biotechnology, biomedical and pharmaceutical innovation hub.
Four issues to know:
- The facility will function an innovation hub for AlphaLab Health, a healthcare expertise and life sciences accelerator. AHN launched in 2020 with Innovation Works, a nonprofit enterprise incubator, in keeping with a information launch.
- AlphaLab Health affords healthcare startups as much as $100,000 in seed funding, entry to Innovation Works’ mentorship community, scientific sources and workplace and lab area.
- The hub is a ten,000-square-foot constructing together with moist and dry labs, devoted server entry, convention rooms and collaboration areas.
- Thirteen startups have joined AlphaLab Health. The firms are centered on well being IT, medical units, diagnostics and therapeutics.
- The former Bellevue hospital campus housed a 230,000-square-foot hospital, which stopped admitting sufferers in 2010. Since then, many of the facility had been leased to LifeCare Hospitals, which ended its deal in 2019.