Barton County Commission assembly at a look
• Held two govt periods, one for 25 minutes and one for 15, to debate the number of a brand new county administrator, a non-elected place.
They emerged and reconvened in open session and offered county Finance/Human Resource Manager Matt Patzner a contract as county director of operations.
• Approved a county threat administration insurance coverage proposal from EMC Insurance Company for $299,783. This covers legal responsibility, property and staff compensation.
Barton County obtained Risk Management and Insurance proposals for 2022 till Nov. 12. Kansas County Association Multiline Pool (KCAM) based mostly in Topeka, Kansas Workers Risk Cooperative for Counties (KWORCC) based mostly in Topeka and EMC Insurance Company of Des Moines, Iowa, introduced proposals. EMC has an workplace in Great Bend. This two-year renewal, and the county has labored with EMC for 20 years.
Emergency Management Director Amy Miller introduced the main points.
This merchandise was tabled on Dec. 7.
• Approved cereal malt beverage license renewals.
Per state statute, no retailer shall promote any cereal malt beverage with out having secured a license for that enterprise. When a enterprise is situated within the unincorporated portion of the county, that utility shall be made to the fee, County Clerk Donna Zimmerman stated.
There have been a complete of seven licenses granted.
• Heard an replace on the Neighborhood Revitalization Plan Update:
After adopting each a Resolution and the interlocal settlement supporting the Neighborhood Revitalization plan in September, the settlement was submitted to the Kansas Attorney General and the doc has been accepted, County Appraiser Wendy Prosser stated.
The fee held a public listening to to obtain feedback on the Barton County Neighborhood Revitalization Plan on Sept. 27, however none have been introduced. This plan is meant as a cooperative effort with space taxing districts to advertise the revitalization and improvement of Barton County by stimulating new building, rehabilitation, conservation or redevelopment inside Barton County.
This was adopted by the approval of a decision efficient Jan. 1, 2022. It was submitted to space taxing districts for assessment and approval.
It was additionally adopted by the approval of the settlement becoming a member of Barton County to space taxing districts below the plan. Taxing districts embody space cities, college districts, recreation commissions, townships, Barton Community College as nicely as fireplace, cemetery, hospital, extension, watershed and library districts.
Under the settlement, recognized districts are given the choice to hitch.
• Approved the Capital Improvement and Equipment Replacement plans.
Through the budgeting course of, Barton County transfers money, as financial savings, to each the Capital Improvement and the Equipment Replacement funds. Related plans, revised yearly, permit the county to schedule for projected long-term expenditures, stated Finance Officer Matt Patzner.
• Approved revisions to the county’s procurement coverage.
Grants/Compliance Manager Sue Cooper introduced the main points. Mostly, the modifications heart on growing the casual bidding thresholds to raised align with the rise in prices of getting issues fastened and changed. It would make it simpler for division managers to function and for native distributors to bid, commissioners stated.
• Approved the acquisition of latest chairs for the Health Department at a price of $20,072 from Office Products Incorporated of Great Bend.
The division sought bids for foyer and examination room chairs. Requirements included the acquisition of 19 foyer chairs and 5 examination room chairs, all with urethane arm caps, metal frames, again of seat clear out and supply and set-up, stated Health Director Karen Winkelman. The division was awarded a federal COVID-19 well being grant that may cowl the acquisition.
It wasn’t the low bid, nevertheless it was native and allowed below the grant tips. And, commissioners needed to maintain the cash native if attainable.
• Approved a proposal from Mercer Insurance for Health Department medical malpractice insurance coverage.
The Health Department, as a public well being supplier, should preserve ample medical malpractice insurance coverage, Health Director Karen Winkelman stated. The county obtained the proposal from Mercer Consumer, a service of Mercer Health and Benefits Administration LLC for $4,823.
• Approved the acquisition of Office 365 Business for as much as 185 customers from True.org Cloud of Altadena, Calif., at a price of $31,205.
The software program permits all pc customers to have e-mail internet hosting, safety and archiving as nicely as a desktop model of Office, Information Technology Director Dereck Hollingshead stated. It additionally permits for Microsoft Teams digital conferences.
• Appointed of particular deputy coroners.
Named have been: Barton County, Dustin Daniels, Scott Fleming, Meghan Kern, Sheila Phillips, Melissa Prosser, John Stettinger and Laura Webster; Ellsworth County, Shawn McGowan; Russell County, Chris Venters and Ashley Fowler; and Stafford County, Melissa Dove and Doris Tompkins.
Dr. Patrick Stiles turned twentieth Judicial District coroner on Nov. 1, 2020, and he has subsequently made advice as to the appointment of particular deputy coroners as prescribed by Kansas Statutes and by county decision. Special deputies serve one-year calendar phrases, stated Interim County Administrator Barry McManaman.
• Appointed the next folks to the Fire District No. 2 Board of Trustees for uncompensated phrases expiring in 2023: Sarah Younger in Albion Township; Michael McCurry in Eureka Township; Shannon Donovan in Hoisington; and there have been no candidates for Olmitz.
Also, Richard Ward was named to unfilled place for South Homestead Township which might time period in 2022.
Per the county decision which created Fire District No. 2, the members of the Fire District Board of Trustees shall include not a couple of appointee from every collaborating township and never a couple of from every collaborating metropolis, Interim County Administrator Barry McManaman stated.
• Appointed Melissa Nech to the Central Kansas Library System Board for a four-year, uncompensated time period.
The CKLS helps library companies in 17 counties in Central Kansas: Barton, Cloud, Ellis, Ellsworth, Jewell, Lincoln, Mitchell, Osborne, Ottawa, Pawnee, Phillips, Republic, Rooks, Rush, Russell, Saline and Smith. The board meets twice a 12 months to conduct enterprise of the system and elect members to the Executive Committee. The Executive Committee meets month-to-month to conduct the final enterprise of the system.
The county appointee have to be a resident of the regional library system taxing district, that is, inside Barton County however exterior the district of any native legally established public library,Interim County Administrator Barry McManaman stated.
• Reappointed Richard Bealer, Solid Waste/Facilities Director Phil Hathcock and District 5 Commissioner Jennifer Schartz to the Center for Counseling and Consultation Governing Board.
The county solicited candidates for the board which makes suggestions on psychological well being companies in Barton County and the encompassing space, Interim County Administrator Barry McManaman stated.