Disney Television Animation has appointed two new vice presidents of improvement because it develops its streaming and linear slates.
Here are the main points:
- Lisa Fragner (high, left) has joined the division full-time, having consulted for it since April. She was beforehand a vp and head of improvement at Blue Sky from 2003 till Disney closed it in April.
- At Blue Sky, she was concerned with growing options like Ice Age: Dawn of The Dinosaurs, Horton Hears a Who, Rio, Spies in Disguise, and the currently-uncompleted Nimona.
- She additionally secured rights to characteristic movie properties for twentieth Century Fox Animation (which owned Blue Sky) and Fox Family, such because the animated venture Confessions of an Imaginary Friend (unproduced).
- Elizabeth Waybright Taylor (proper) has been promoted to the identical function, and can oversee the event of recent animated Disney Channel content material for youths aged 6–11 and households.
- In her 11-year profession at Disney Television Animation, she has held numerous roles, most just lately govt director, improvement. She has additionally labored at Nickelodeon.
- Shows she has helped develop embody Disney+’s The Wonderful World of Mickey Mouse, Disney Channel’s Amphibia and the upcoming Kiff, and the just lately greenlit Primos.
- Both Fragner and Taylor will report back to Emily Hart, svp, animation improvement at Disney Branded Television.
- Hart stated of Taylor, “She has a watch towards curating character-driven comedies and is a powerful companion and ally to expertise.”
- Meanwhile, Meredith Roberts, Disney Branded Television’s svp and normal supervisor, Television Animation, praised Fragner’s “acute artistic and enterprise sense — particularly as a longtime mentor of creator expertise from underrepresented teams.”