Free plan obtainable; paid plans begin from $2.50 per consumer monthly.
Microsoft Teams is a broadly used Slack different that gives quite a lot of options for internet hosting conferences and webinars, chatting, collaboration, and information safety. It additionally affords integrations with productiveness apps, venture administration apps, and apps for particular departments and industries.
As it integrates nicely with the remainder of the Microsoft 365 suite, Microsoft Teams is of course an excellent choice for any firm that makes use of different Microsoft apps akin to PowerPoint and Excel or needs to use options like e-mail internet hosting, customized area title for e-mail addresses, OneDrive storage, and so forth.
It has some very modern options for calls and conferences, akin to Intelligent Speakers, which might differentiate the voices of up to 10 audio system in a Teams Room. You can even merge calls to deliver totally different folks collectively and transfer a name from your cell phone to your laptop computer.
- 250+ integrations with apps together with Trello, ClickUp, Azure Boards
- Unlimited variety of chat messages even within the free plan, in contrast to Slack
- Free 30-day trial obtainable for paid plans
- Team video calls are doable for up to 100 contributors within the free model, in contrast to Slack
- 10 GB file storage obtainable within the free model, and 1 TB storage per group plus 10 GB per license in paid variations
- UX isn’t as intuitive as different apps akin to Slack
- Desktop variations of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Publisher will not be included within the free plan
Free plan obtainable; paid plans begin at $4.50 per consumer monthly
Like Microsoft Teams, Flock has quite a lot of options for communication, productiveness, and safety. You can create private and non-private channels, share information, set reminders and to-dos, and bookmark or pin sure messages to make them simply accessible. Flock additionally permits you to create polls to facilitate groups’ resolution making.
Although it’s fairly related to Slack in its limitations, the paid ‘Pro’ plan is $4.50 per consumer monthly, which is cheaper than Slack’s least expensive paid plan of $6.67 per consumer monthly (if billed yearly). So when you’ve got a small staff and are okay with the fundamental options, it can save you some bucks by switching to Flock.
- 5 GB free storage obtainable within the free plan (which is decrease than that in Microsoft Teams although)
- Paid plans have 20 GB of file storage allotted to every staff member
- 30-day free trial obtainable for paid plans
- Has a restrict of 10,000 searchable messages within the free model like Slack does
- Screen sharing is simply obtainable in paid variations, similar to Slack
Allows a most of 20 staff members within the free model whereas Slack imposes no such limits for its free plan
Free plan obtainable; paid plans begin at $9.99 monthly
Although many could consider Discord as a private house to hang around with pals and gaming buddies, organizations have come to take into account Discord an environment friendly, free Slack different for each day communication.
Discord permits the creation of private and non-private servers and channels. You can create textual content and voice channels on Discord, name others, share information, and more. Discord additionally permits you to make threads, that are short-term channels made to talk about one-off subjects.
You can improve to Discord Nitro for streaming and display screen sharing in larger decision, add information with sizes up to 100MB, or get server boosts. But the free model will suffice when you simply desire a platform for textual content, video, and voice communication.
- Unlimited message historical past even within the free model
- Ability to give members customized entry
- Unlimited file storage
- While Discord could enable YouTube and Twitch integrations, webhooks, and bots, the reality is that it’ll not have the integrations with different apps generally used for work that you would be able to get pleasure from in Microsoft Teams, Flock, and Slack
- The interface typically requires some getting used to
- You can ship information with sizes up to solely 8 MB with the free model