Configuring the connection between your SMTP server and Burp Suite Enterprise Edition allows some helpful options, reminiscent of sending electronic mail invitations to newly created customers and mechanically sending end-of-scan stories to customers when their scan is full.
Note: Your community settings for the Enterprise server are used to generate hyperlinks despatched as a part of emails from Burp Suite Enterprise Edition. Before you’ll be able to join to your SMTP server, you want to configure your network settings.
To configure a connection to your SMTP server:
- Log in to Burp Suite Enterprise Edition as an administrator.
- In the upper-right nook of the display, choose the settings icon and go to “Network”.
You ought to have already configured your web server settings right here. However, in the event you configured an HTTP proxy connection for communication with
portswigger.internet, you want to resolve whether or not you additionally need to use the proxy for connecting to the SMTP server. If you utilize an exterior electronic mail service supplier, we suggest enabling the “Use proxy to join to electronic mail server” setting. Note that that is solely supported in the event you use an unauthenticated proxy.
- From the settings menu, choose “Email”.
- Click the change to allow this function. A listing of server settings seems.
Enter your SMTP server hostname. For instance, in the event you use Gmail, the hostname is
smtp.gmail.com. If you do not know what that is, you ought to be in a position to discover it within the documentation of your electronic mail service supplier.
- Enter the port that the server makes use of for sending emails. Port 587 is utilized by Gmail and plenty of different SMTP servers. However, ports 25 and 465 are additionally generally used.
- In the “From tackle” subject, enter the e-mail tackle from which you need Burp Suite Enterprise Edition to ship emails to customers. In concept, this may be any electronic mail tackle. However, to scale back the danger of points, reminiscent of messages being blocked by spam filters, we suggest utilizing an electronic mail tackle registered to your electronic mail service supplier. In different phrases, in the event you use the Gmail SMTP server, use a Gmail electronic mail tackle because the “From tackle”.
- If you utilize an inner SMTP server, you won’t use authentication. However, in the event you use an exterior electronic mail service, click on the “Authenticated” change and enter the username and password that you simply normally use to log in to the account.
- Select whether or not you need to use TLS when sending emails from Burp Suite Enterprise Edition. If you utilize an exterior electronic mail service, we suggest enabling this setting. If you’ll solely ship emails inside your inner community, you won’t want to use TLS.
- When you might be completely satisfied along with your settings, click on the icon within the upper-right nook of the display to affirm your modifications.
- Finally, you want to confirm that hyperlinks within the auto-generated emails are in a position to efficiently join again to the Enterprise server. Click “Send” to ship a check electronic mail to your self (the e-mail tackle of the Burp Suite Enterprise Edition administrator).
- Go to the e-mail and click on the “Check Email Link” button. If you might be taken again to the e-mail settings web page in Burp Suite Enterprise Edition, you’ve completed connecting your SMTP server. Otherwise, you want to test that you simply entered the right internet server URL on the “Network” settings web page and take a look at once more.
Sending invitations to newly created customers
Once you’ve efficiently built-in your electronic mail server, newly created users will mechanically obtain an invite by electronic mail once you end creating their Burp Suite Enterprise Edition account.
Configuring electronic mail recipients for scan stories
Once you’ve efficiently related to your SMTP server, you’ll be able to specify an inventory of recipients who ought to mechanically obtain scan stories by electronic mail every time a scan finishes for a selected web site. The report incorporates a abstract of the scan outcomes. You keep this listing on a site-by-site foundation.
When creating a brand new web site, you’ll be able to add recipients beneath “Email recipients for scan completion stories”. To add recipients to an present web site, yow will discover this setting on the “Details” tab of a web site.