One of the most important attracts to Valheim is the sport’s co-op help. Up to ten gamers can be part of the identical server, and customers may even run their very own devoted servers. However, sometimes the sport will pop up with an incompatible version error, stopping you from becoming a member of the sport. As it seems, there’s a easy approach to fix the incompatible version error based mostly on the place the server is hosted.
Valheim incompatible version error fix
Valheim will show an incompatible version error message when the shopper and server aren’t operating the identical version of the sport. To fix the error, you’ll want to replace each the sport and server to the present version.
For many gamers, this can be a easy fix. The first order of enterprise is to replace Valheim to the most recent version. Fortunately, Steam makes it straightforward to each test for and set up sport updates:
- In your Steam library, right-click on Valheim
- Click on Properties
- Click on Updates, then obtain any out there updates
- Finally, and if desired, make certain Automatic Updates are enabled
How to replace Valheim server manually
If you’re already operating the most recent version of the sport, then the server itself will want to be up to date. This answer is a little more tough: If the server is being run inside the sport, then the server operator solely wants to run the Steam replace fix talked about above. The similar is true in case you’re operating a devoted server your self, besides you want to replace the Valheim Dedicated Server software. However, if it’s an out of doors server, you’ll want to drive a server replace utilizing the Steam Console Client.
- First, again up the /savedata folder within the Valheim set up listing. You’ll desire a duplicate of those recordsdata so that you don’t lose any in-game progress
- Download and set up SteamCMD
- Create a file named “replace.bat” contained in the set up listing, then open it
- Within the replace batch file, kind within the following textual content: “[SteamCMD directory] +login nameless +force_install_dir [Valheim directory] +app_update 896660 validate +exit”
- In this instance, change [SteamCMD directory] with the set up path for SteamCMD and [Valheim directory] with the set up folder for Valheim
- Save the batch file, shut it, after which run it to replace the server to the present version
The act of manually updating a server can appear daunting, particularly to customers who aren’t conversant in the method. We’ve beforehand coated how to create a Valheim dedicated server, and we’ve additionally obtained tips about what to do if the server isn’t showing up. For much more particulars about server updates and configuration, take a look at this excellent guide posted by person Gaston Legume over on the Steam boards.
The incompatible version error in Valheim solely seems when the sport shopper and server aren’t operating the identical version. In many circumstances, you’ll be able to merely replace the sport or the Valheim Dedicated Server software to fix the error. However, customers operating a devoted server outdoors of their residence networks may have to replace the server version manually. It takes a bit of labor, however it should resolve the error. Otherwise, in case you’re new to the sport, be certain to take a look at our Valheim beginner’s guide for extra useful hints and particulars.