Outreach CEO Manny Medina met de la Vega in December after they have been company on a CNBC present. Medina mentioned including him to the board has been a “dream of mine for a very long time.”
“His knowledge and expertise are invaluable to us, and his mentorship can change the trajectory of lives and companies,” Medina mentioned in an announcement.
De la Vega was additionally CEO of AT&T Mobility; COO of Cingular Wireless; and president of BellSouth Latin American. He is at present on the boards of American Express Company; New York Life Insurance Company; and Amdocs Corporation.
De la Vega mentioned he joined the Outreach board partly due to the Latin heritage he and Medina share.
“As a local of Cuba, I’ve met only a few peer immigrant LatinX CEOs in tech and enterprise and even fewer which have catapulted themselves to success regardless of the numerous adversities we’ve needed to face,” he mentioned in an announcement. “I sit up for working carefully with Manny to information Outreach to the greatness it’s destined for.”
Outreach, certainly one of a handful of “unicorn” corporations within the Seattle area, raised a $50 million Series F funding spherical in June, growing its valuation to $1.33 billion and whole funding to $289 million. That adopted a $114 million spherical raised at a $1.1 billion valuation in April 2019.
More than 4,600 corporations similar to Adobe, Splunk, SAP, and others use Outreach to automate and streamline communication with gross sales prospects. Outreach employs 700 individuals.
— Seattle actual property startup Flyhomes added two new vice presidents:
- Adam Hopson, VP of progress and technique. Hopson was beforehand at Pluralsight and Expedia.
- Rehan Mohammad, VP of finance and enterprise operations. Mohammad was beforehand at MyFitnessPal; MetaOptima Technology; and Bench Accounting.
Flyhomes now operates in 5 markets, together with Seattle and the Bay Area, and has greater than 200 staff. The startup buys homes immediately with money after which holds onto them till its purchaser shoppers safe financing. The objective is to current its clients because the equal of money patrons, serving to them acquire an edge in aggressive markets.
— Navigating Cancer, a Seattle startup that makes software program to assist healthcare suppliers and sufferers handle most cancers remedy, added two new execs and a board member:
- Lena Shaw, director of promoting. Shaw was beforehand at Silene Biotech and LeadGenius.
- Elana Zana, director of authorized & compliance. Zana was most just lately a associate at Ogden Murphy Wallace and was beforehand an outdoor counsel for Navigating Cancer.
- Danielle Russella, president of strategic partnerships at Amwell, joined the board.