Get prompt alerts when information breaks in your shares. Claim your 1-week free trial to StreetInsider Premium here.
On 11 May 2021, the annual general meeting (AGM) of shareholders in Equinor ASA (OSE: EQNR, NYSE: EQNR) approved the annual report and accounts for Equinor ASA for 2020, as proposed by the board of administrators.
The annual accounts and the annual report for Equinor ASA and the Equinor group for 2020 had been approved, and a dividend of US greenback (”USD”) 0.12 per share can be distributed for the fourth quarter of 2020.
The fourth quarter 2020 dividend accrues to the shareholders as registered in Equinor’s shareholder register with the Norwegian Central Securities Depository (VPS) as of expiry of 14 May 2021 (the ”Record Date”). Subject to odd settlement in VPS, this means that the correct to dividend accrues to shareholders as of 11 May 2021. For US ADR (American Depository Receipts) holders, dividend accrues additionally as of 11 May 2021.
The shares can be traded ex-dividend on the Oslo Stock Exchange (Oslo Børs) from and together with 12 May 2021. On New York Stock Exchange, the ADRs will commerce ex-dividend from and together with 13 May 2021. Shareholders whose shares commerce on Oslo Børs will obtain their dividend in Norwegian kroner (”NOK”). The NOK dividend can be communicated on 21 May 2021. The anticipated fee date for the dividend in NOK and in USD underneath the ADR program is on 27 May 2021. The AGM authorised the board of administrators to resolve quarterly dividend funds till the subsequent annual general meeting, however no later than 30 June 2022.
The beneath proposals from shareholders had been up for voting. The shareholders’ supporting statements and the board’s responses can be found at www.equinor.com/agm
- To set short-, medium-, and long-term targets for greenhouse gasoline (GHG) emissions of the corporate’s operations and the use of vitality merchandise (together with Scope 1, 2 and three). The proposal was not adopted.
- To report key info on each local weather danger and nature. The proposal was not adopted.
- To cease all exploration exercise and take a look at drilling for fossil vitality sources. The proposal was not adopted.
- To current a technique for actual enterprise transformation to sustainable vitality manufacturing. The proposal was not adopted.
- To cease all oil and gasoline exploration within the Norwegian sector of the Barents Sea. The proposal was not adopted.
- To spin-out Equinor’s renewable vitality enterprise in wind and solar energy to a separate firm, “NewCo”. The proposal was not adopted.
- To divest all non-petroleum-related enterprise abroad and to contemplate withdrawing from all petroleum-related enterprise abroad. The proposal was not adopted.
- That all exploration for new oil and gasoline discoveries is discontinued, that Equinor multiplies its inexperienced investments, improves its EGS profile and reduces its danger for future lawsuits. The proposal was not adopted.
- Proposal for actions to keep away from large losses abroad, obtain particular solutions almost about security incidents and get the audit’s analysis of improved high quality assurance and inside management. The proposal was not adopted.
- To embrace nuclear in Equinor’s portfolio. The proposal was not adopted.
The AGM endorsed the board’s report for 2020 on Corporate Governance. Furthermore, the AGM approved the board of administrators’ remuneration coverage on dedication of wage and different remuneration for main personnel. The AGM endorsed the board of administrators’ remuneration report for main personnel.
Remuneration to the corporate’s exterior auditor for 2020 was approved.
Furthermore, the nomination committee’s proposed dedication of remuneration for the company meeting members and remuneration for the nomination committee members had been approved, efficient from 12 May 2021.
The AGM authorised the board to accumulate Equinor ASA shares out there on behalf of the corporate as a way to proceed the share financial savings plan for staff. The authorisation is legitimate till the subsequent annual general meeting, however no later than 30 June 2022.
The AGM additionally authorised the board on behalf of the corporate to accumulate Equinor ASA shares out there for subsequent annulment. Own shares acquired pursuant to this authorisation might solely be used for annulment by a discount on the corporate’s share capital. The authorisation is legitimate till the subsequent annual general meeting, however no later than 30 June 2022.
Please discover enclosed minutes of the AGM.
Investor relationsPeter Hutton, senior vp for investor relations,tel: +44 7881 918 792
Helge Hove Haldorsen, vp for investor relations USA,tel: + 1 281 224 0140
PressBård Glad Pedersen, vp for media relations,tel: +47 91 80 17 91
This info is topic to the disclosure necessities pursuant to Section 5-12 the Norwegian Securities Trading Act
Source: Equinor ASA