Hi guys, Tim right here! I’m the occasions man on campus, and we’re working onerous on some protected
in-person choices for actions this semester.
On the opposite hand, I do know there are some actions that may solely be performed nearly
merely due to the variety of folks concerned or the exercise itself. If you suppose
you’ve already performed every little thing you may presumably do for enjoyable utilizing expertise, right here
are a couple of ideas you may not have tried but.
- Plan a digital supper membership or espresso date with mates. Does bodily distancing within the caf or stu make it onerous to see and speak to all of your
mates you used to sit with? Plan a digital meal or espresso date with everybody!
- Host a Netflix celebration. Host a film night time to your pal group or social membership by the Chrome Extension Netflix party.
- Strive to keep traditions alive. Survey your mates and/or membership to gauge what everyone seems to be afraid they may miss
out on essentially the most throughout this time. Then brainstorm methods to keep that custom alive,
and even begin a brand new custom!
- Host a digital sport night time. Did you already know that Settlers of Catan, Words with Friends and Ticket to Ride all can be found for digital gatherings?
- Create a Ouachita TikTok problem. You know the bubble is in its personal world generally … why not begin a TikTok problem
that Ouachita’s group would love?
- Start a movie membership. If you’re a film fan, why not watch and focus on motion pictures with your mates?
- E-gaming. Maybe you already contemplate your self a gamer. Connect your group of mates’ on Discord, a gaming server the place you possibly can chat and play video games collectively.
- Create a TED Talk. You know you’ve realized a lot since watching “Down to Earth with Zac Efron.” Hop
in your Insta story and begin a TED Talk already. If you begin speaking and saying
mind-blowing issues, they may come!
- Create a Podcast. Talk about your favourite motion pictures, books you’ve learn just lately, the present political
local weather within the U.S. or infinite different subjects.
Have different ideas? Share them with me. You would possibly simply encourage an awesome new means to provide
COVID-friendly actions for the Ouachita campus group. If you need to bounce in
and assist plan actions for all of campus – in-person or digital – be part of us on Campus
Activities Board to put your expertise and ideas in motion!
By Tim Harrell, director of Ouachita Student Life