Valheim could also be all about an adventure-filled Viking afterlife, however the sport itself remains to be within the infancy of early entry. That means gamers can count on loads of updates on a rolling basis, with the newest arriving early on March 23, 2021.
Here’s the whole lot that you must learn about Valheim update 0.148.6, from patch notes to some widespread errors which may pop up for you — and how you can repair them.
Valheim developer Iron Gate Studios publishes all patch notes and updates on to the sport’s Steam news hub. That included a Friday update confirming six million items in gross sales, but additionally patch notes Tuesday for the 0.148.6 update. (The version quantity is under 1 as a result of the sport remains to be technically in early entry.)
Valheim version 0.148.6 patch notes
The builders counsel that gamers update Steam to the “Mar 22 2021” version. This will sometimes occur mechanically, however it might result in completely different points if it doesn’t. Devs additionally supply a reminder to update your server as nicely (however extra on that later).
Here are the patch notes:
- Campfire, Bonfire, and Hearth take injury when dealing injury
- Reinforced chest stock house elevated to 6×4
- All boss drops can now float on water
- Sunken Crypt entrance tweaked (to cease tombstones from getting caught)
- Fixed rotation of Wood tower protect on merchandise stands
- Deathsquito & Drake trophy drop charge elevated
- 1 & 2 Star creature HP repair
- Night-spawning wolves must be simpler to tame now (ought to cease attempting to run away & despawn after beginning to tame)
- Harpoon doesn’t work on bosses anymore
- Ingame console disabled by default (add launch argument “-console” to allow)
- The console command for enabling developer/debug instructions has been modified to “devcommands” from “imacheater” and a warning message has been added.
- Improved enemy projectile response system
- Battle axe tweaks (hits a number of enemies simpler)
- Player knockback pressure is affected by gear velocity modifiers (IE heavy gear will cut back the knockback from enemies)
- Blackforest stone tower tweaks
- Ward system fixes (You can now not place a brand new ward the place an enemy ward overlaps)
- Comfort calculation fastened*
- “Failed to attach” error message fastened
- Serpent trophy stack repair
- Missing Moder spawn location in some worlds fastened (NOTE: For present worlds “genloc” command must be run manually in a neighborhood sport with dev instructions enabled to generate new places, that is solely wanted in case your particular world has this concern, this isn’t quite common)
- Megingjord item-collider repair
- Added a slight use-delay on Hammer, Hoe, and Cultivator
- Hammer take away auto-repeat added
- Better community bandwidth dealing with (ought to work higher on low bandwidth connections & additionally use larger information charge if doable)
- Dolmen location fixes (Stop high stone from falling for no motive)
- Fixed eradicating merchandise from item-stand not at all times syncing merchandise stats
- Server checklist refresh button might be pressed earlier than all the checklist has been downloaded
- Better dangerous connection detection
- Fixed concern inflicting server to ship extra information the longer a consumer was linked
- Localization updates
By and giant, most of those tweaks really feel like quality-of-life enhancements. Nothing is simply too groundbreaking
How to update Valheim server to repair “incompatible version error”
One of the sport’s extra widespread issues calls out an “incompatible version error,” which basically signifies that your sport may be up to date however your server will not be. Literally, the variations should not suitable, so the sport can not run. The sport ought to update mechanically, however it takes a little bit of doing to verify the server is up to date.
The course of is a bit difficult, and first, that you must again up your save information:
- Save all the “/Valheim/savedata” folder in a distinct path
- Update your server
- Copy the “/savedata” folder again to the Valheim folder
As for Step 2, right here’s how you can truly update your server:
- Download and set up SteamCMD
- Create a folder to your devoted server
- Create “update.bat” file inside this folder
- Open “update.bat” file within the Notepad
- Copy and paste the next textual content into the file:
C:SteamCMDsteamcmd +login nameless +force_install_dir C:Valheim +app_update 896660 validate +exit
Then, merely save the “update.bat” file and execute it. Assuming every step was accomplished correctly, operating the sport ought to proceed easily. In idea, this disconnect must be fastened in subsequence patches, however should you’re operating into this concern with version 0.148.6, now you understand why.
Valheim is at the moment accessible on PC by way of Steam.