Itching to get on a aircraft? It’s about to get simpler by way of certainly one of Missouri’s big-city airports.
Travelers who fly by way of Kansas City’s primary airport will quickly expertise new routes and “pandemic-related service restorations” as Southwest Airlines introduced Friday that the provider will add or resume service to 9 U.S. cities.
In a information launch, the Kansas City Aviation Department stated passenger numbers are rising as extra Americans get vaccinated. To date, 30 percent of U.S. people are fully vaccinated, USA TODAY reported, amongst them 27.8 % of Missourians, in line with the state health department.
The aviation division cited Centers for Disease Control and Prevention guidance announced this week stating that totally vaccinated folks don’t must get COVID-19 exams earlier than or after home journey. Fully vaccinated folks don’t must self-quarantine after home journey, both.
In a ready assertion, Kansas City Aviation Department director Pat Klein stated, “We are glad about Southwest’s determination to make important will increase right here for Kansas City vacationers simply in time for summer time. We are particularly excited that our vacationers may have the chance to get pleasure from new nonstop locations.”
The Kansas City International Airport (airport code: MCI) will add or restore the next routes, the aviation division stated:
- Austin (AUS) 1 flight per day – Service restoration
- Panama City (ECP) 5 flights per week – Service restoration. Was weekend solely
- Miami (MIA) 1 flight per week, Saturdays solely – New nonstop vacation spot from MCI for Southwest
- Portland (PDX) 1 flight per week, Saturdays solely – Service restoration
- Pensacola (PNS) 1 flight per day – Service restoration. Was weekend solely
- San Diego (SAN) 6 flights per week – Service restoration
- Orange County (SNA) 1 flight per day – New nonstop vacation spot
- Sarasota (SRQ) 1 flight per week, Saturdays solely – New nonstop vacation spot
- Destin-Ft. Walton Beach (VPS) 1 flight per week, Saturdays solely – New nonstop vacation spot from MCI for Southwest
Southwest.com has data on begin dates and airfare.
Reach News-Leader reporter Gregory Holman by emailing [email protected] Please think about subscribing to assist very important native journalism.